one

yoongi went into education knowing it wasn't a profession that was especially looked up upon. in fact, the complete opposite, it was frowned upon. everyone in today's society seemed to look down on teachers.

while earning his degree, he constantly heard the saying, "those who can't do, teach" and saying that he was worth more than that. what could yoongi do about the fact he admired the profession so much?

he enjoyed understanding things, he loved having the knowledge in his head and being able to comprehend all of it. yoongi went through some middle school and high school classes where he couldn't understand anything. he wanted students to feel empowered by knowledge. school didn't have to be a prison.

now to present day, it was meet the teacher day. yoongi couldn't say it was one of his favorite days because he was filled with a nervous feeling in his chest and he had to meet the parents of his students.

"hi! my name is min yoongi, also known as mr.min! please find your child's desk and fill out both of the paper forms on it" he smiled, the parents just nodded. they were probably sick of all the back to school things.

yoongi looked to the classroom across his. it used to be empty but now it was filled with some real and artificial plants. the classroom was well decorated and the walls were painted nicely. he hummed, seeing the teacher was tall and looked quite young.

"i'm dr.kim! nice to meet you!" the man smiled, yoongi's eyes widened hearing the term 'dr.' in the boy's introduction. he looked so young and had a phd?

"you know you can't just use the term doctor when you want, right? you have to have a doctorate" the parent mumbled, "i have a phd in child development and early education" he said, "i find that hard to believe"

"well i assure you i do have a phd" he softly smiled. he was young, but why didn't people believe him?

yoongi looked at the boy across the hall and into the classroom right across his. dr.kim was at his desk filing and stapling some papers.

unlike most teachers at their school, dr.kim was young. yoongi couldn't stop looking at him, he had so many questions about him. he decided to stop what he was doing and head to dr.kim's classroom.

"dr.kim?" he said, namjoon looked up at yoongi, "hello" he smiled and bowed, yoongi bowed back, "so nice to meet you, i'm min yoongi" he said, namjoon nodded, "kim namjoon"

"how was your meet the teacher?" he asked, namjoon shrugged, "the kids look great, the parents are not as great" he said, putting some papers into his filing cabinet, "why's that?"

"people don't believe i have a phd" he frowned, "you do look young. how old are you?"  yoongi asked, "i'm 22 i started college at 16" he said, slightly laughing.

"oh wow. what school did you go to?"

"seoul national university"

yoongi's eyes widened, "well then, i kind of think the parents are dumb for not believing you. their kids get to be taught by an SNU alumni!" he scoffed, "pretty cool" namjoon laughed.

"it is!" yoongi smiled, he had so many questions! college at 16? seoul national university? woah, this guy was incredible.

"your class looks nice" yoongi complimented, "thank you" namjoon said as he cut some papers out, he groaned upon accidentally giving himself a paper cut.