sixty-seven

time skip to december! really running out of ideas here!

"i'd say you broke my heart
but you broke much more than that
now i don't want your sympathy
i just want myself back"
— enough for you, olivia rodrigo

"what are you looking for?" eunji asked as namjoon looked underneath the couch and its cushions.

the tall boy got up from the ground and sighed, "my retainers. i fell asleep with junho after dinner and i forgot to put them back in and i can't find them" he groaned, "what are retainers?"

"the plastic things that go in my mouth" he said, hoping that his sister put them away, "oh, i threw them away" she shrugged, namjoon felt his heart drop, "are you serious?"

she nodded, "don't you put in a new one everyday?" the woman asked, namjoon scoffed, "no!" he frantically said, rushing to search through the trash bag.

"i took the bag out yesterday" she carefully said, seeing her twin brother get frustrated, "tell me you're lying" he screeched, putting his hand in his face, "just get a new one" she said.

namjoon began sweating and felt his heart race, "they're 500 dollars! it's not my fault you threw them away!" he argued, "well, it's not my fault i didn't know you get a new one every day!"

"buy me new ones" he said, "why me? if you could pay 300 a month for braces, you can pay 500 for pieces of plastic" she said, "you threw them away, so you pay them!"

eunji scoffed, "don't you make six figures? plus, 500 dollars isn't even that much! especially for you! so, stop being so greedy! i spent 200 on a dress the other day" she chuckled. oh wow, namjoon felt like he could cry.

"are you crazy?" he raised his voice, he could feel his blood boiling. his sister was so different from him, he couldn't believe they were twins.

"what's wrong with it?" she scoffed, namjoon groaned into his palms, "are you seriously asking that? why do i even bother paying your medication if you're going to be spending 200 on fabric?" he shouted which only angered his sister.

"at least i can buy things without feeling guilty! for gosh's sake, i saw your compare formula prices at the store! he's your child! you remind me so much of dad!" she screamed, which hit a nerve.

namjoon was taken back. all this for a stupid plastic retainer? did his sister really have to insult him like that?

"no, i'm nothing like our dad!" he shouted, "what's the point of having money if you're just going to be cheap? that kid is rich, but  is basically growing up in poverty because of your spending habits! grow up!" she loudly said, breathing out, namjoon stayed quiet.

it wasn't long before he left the house  not caring that it was freezing outside. he just wanted to cry and be away from everyone.

maybe he did need to grow up. his childhood wasn't even that bad, right? clearly it wasn't because eunji seemed fine. maybe kim namjoon was just overdramatic, like always.

yoongi woke up after the twins had finished arguing. he was a deep sleeper, so he didn't wake up with all the shouting nor when he heard the door slam shut.

he rubbed his eyes and walked into the kitchen to make himself some breakfast. junho was still asleep which gave him time to eat and do his morning routine. usually, namjoon would take care of junho in the morning, but he didn't know where he was.

"eunji, where's namjoon?" yoongi asked as he cut up some fruit for himself, "why should i care?" she scoffed, rolling her eyes.