four

namjoon tried to get used to the newly applied metal and colored bands in his mouth. he did a lot of research like the nerd he was and saw that people said it hurt, but he was starting to think people were lying because he felt fine.

he felt a bit of pressure on his lower jaw, but it wasn't anything he something he couldn't handle.

right now, he was headed to seokjin's house to hang out. seokjin always made the best food.

"joon! you look so cute! and like a bigger nerd" seokjin smiled, namjoon laughed at the boy, "thanks, i'll take that as a compliment"

seokjin began serving food for both of them at the table, namjoon was delighted to eat. seokjin's cooking was like the one of a mother.

"i made soup, i assumed it was going to be weird to eat something. i thought people with bite problems had those rubber bands?" seokjin asked, handing the boy a spoon.

"they said next month" he answered, beginning to slowly eat his soup. if seokjin wasn't namjoon's best friend, he would have absolutely laughed.

"how are the second graders doing?" seokjin asked, "they're great hyung, they're absolutely the sweetest little itty people to exist" he smiled, "i think they measure to a bit over my hip do i have kneel down to hear them"

"you're so patient, i think teaching is definitely for you" seokjin said, namjoon laughed, "you're patient too, hyung" he said, "you haven't seen me shout at my coworkers for calculating things wrong" seokjin said, shaking his head.

"do i want to?" namjoon rolled his eyes at the man, "they have a calculator in front of them and still get 20 times 12 wrong!" seokjin said in a disappointed manner with a sigh.

"that's 240, you guys need a calculator for that?" namjoon asked, "it's kinda just so we don't mess up. our boss would fire us in a heartbeat"

namjoon shrugged, "fair enough, i'd be mad if someone messed up my finances too" he said.

they went on and on about work, social life, including the people that made them mad, "so no one at your workplace believes you have a phd?"

namjoon hummed, "i mean, one guy is constantly defending me and he goes to my classroom to check on me. he seems serious, my stomach feels fuzzy when i talk to him sometimes"

seokjin smiled, "namjoon has a tiny little crush?" he teased, earning a hit on the shoulder, "no? i don't think so, he's just really nice!" namjoon pouted.

"okay so he's mean to everyone but nice to you, got it" he teased again, making namjoon pout harder, "you know you're not helping!"

"why don't you go for it, joon? c'mon, you're a young adult. your 20's are to enjoy and party and stuff" seokjin told the boy, "you're in your 20's and all i see you do is put numbers into an overpriced calculator

"first of all, i do fun things. second, the calculator makes a graph when you input numbers, it's less work for us" seokjin tried defending himself, namjoon sighed, "but he's really pretty so i'm a bit intimidated"

"prettier than you? be serious, joon" he rolled his eyes, "he's 26, is that okay?" he whispered, "yeah"

"how do i get him to like me? you're stressing me out!" the boy whined, seokjin laughed, "if he's the one, you won't have to do anything"