thirty-four

"ah, mr.min, you look great" the new teacher smiled seeing yoongi on picture day, "thank you" he said, his voice barely above a whisper because of how scared he was.

"do you drink?" mr.kang asked, sitting across yoongi. the boy stared at him, not knowing what to answer, "u-uh" he stuttered, mr.kang chuckled, "cute. we should go out for a drink"

"w-what? no" he mumbled, "aw, come on!" the man whined, "i don't drink" he lied, but it wasn't a complete lie.

he hadn't drank in a while because of his higher dosage of antidepressants and so his sleeping medication would work better. he didn't want alcohol to interfere with it.

"we could still go somewhere" the man said, "i'm not interested" yoongi sternly said, feeling his body tense. he grabbed his files to work and headed to namjoon's classroom. mr.kang followed him.

"c'mon, mr.min! we can go anywhere!" the man said, namjoon stared, "sorry, what's going on?" the boy asked, "do you agree that he's stunning?"

"yes, but how is that work relates? are you doing anything that benefits our students? we have changed teacher gosh knows how many times this semester alone! according to our twst scores, your current students have shown no growth because of the constant absence of a teacher—"

"you're such a nerd"

namjoon laughed, "you have no idea. i got into snu at 16 and got a phd. plus, it was all paid for it by them. call me a nerd, i don't care" he smiled, "you'd rather hang out with this guy?"

yoongi nodded, "mhm" he answered, the man scoffed and left. namjoon's nerd facts had annoyed the man away from them, "i love you, nerd"

namjoon laughed, "love you too, sugar" he smiled, "you look really handsome" yoongi complimented, the tall boy smiled, "you really think so?"

"of course" yoongi said, "you look really good as well. it's really giving second grade teacher" namjoon said, yoongi turned red, "i was going for more cute, but i'll take it"

"picture day is after physical education in the cafeteria, right?" namjoon asked, yoongi nodded, "how are you going to pose?"

the tall boy hummed, "maybe a serious look or something" he said as he counted some papers, the small boy pouted, "you're no fun"

"you don't give your kids candy, you're no fun" namjoon scoffed, yoongi lightly hit him, "i do on the rare occasion"

namjoon put everything down upon seeing his sister was calling him. he answered, putting the phone to his hear.

"howareyoueunji?i'vebeensoworriedaboutyou" the tall man worriedly said, "can you slow down?" she mumbled, "so sorry, how are you? i've been so worried about you" he repeated, "i'm okay, my heart is racing a bit and my blood pressure is a little high, but i'm fine. i'm getting dischared today" she reassured, "how is that fine?" the man scoffed from his line, "it's better than how i felt a couple days ago. i kept passing out" she said, namjoon worriedly bit the inside of his mouth.

"but don't worry" she calmly said, the man sighed, "how can i not?" he asked, "i don't know, focus on your boyfriend" she said, the tall man sighed, tears brimming in his eyes.

"y-yeah" he tried laughing, "d-do you w-want talk to yoongi?" he asked, the woman smiled, "of course i want to talk to my bestie"

namjoon handed yoongi the phone, yoongi frowned seeing namjoon's saddened expression but took the phone.

"hi bestie!" the woman said, "hi! how are you?" yoongi smiled, "i'm great, have you colored your hair?" she asked, "nah, i haven't had time, plus namjoon said i wasn't talented enough"