forty-six

yoongi woke up on the couch to the smell of pancakes and eggs. woah, kim namjoon was making food?

"yoongi-ah, wake up" namjoon softly said from the kitchen. yoongi still didn't feel like talking to namjoon, but did as told. he sat at the kitchen table and waited for breakfast to be served.

"i made you pancakes, sugar" namjoon said, placing the plate in front of yoongi, "thank you" he smiled softly, "would you like eggs?"

yoongi nodded so namjoon gave him some. the tall boy sat next to him and watched him eat, "have you eaten, namjoon?" he asked, "mhm" namjoon lied, yoongi sighed, putting some pancake on the fork and shoving it in namjoon's mouth.

"i'm sorry about last night" namjoon spoke, "mhm" yoongi hummed as he ate, "i really am" namjoon said, "i forgive you, i just worry a lot about you" yoongi said, "there's no reason to, sugar"

-

jimin had noticed how seokjin's paternal instincts had kicked in. they were still at the hospital because the small boy's body was having a hard time recovering. jimin felt fatigued and sleepy which made him sad because he wanted to go home.

seojin held hyejin to his chest, she was so calm with him. jimin loved seeing them together.

a nurse opened the door, "can i borrow hyejin? we're just going to test her for possible diseases and give her some vaccines" the woman said, seokjin held hyejin closer.

"will that hurt her?" seokjin asked, worried eyes staring at the nurse, "it's going to hurt her just a little bit"

seokjin frowned, "seokjin, let her do what she needs to do" jimin said, "it's going to hurt hyejin!"

"not to interfere, but it will hurt your baby a lot more for her to have a disease" she said, holding her clipboard, "fine, can i go see?" seokjin finally agreed, "of course"

jimin played on his switch while seokjin left with the baby. when they came back, seokjin's eyes were puffy and she was holding his baby girl tight.

"why are you crying? is she sick?" jimin worriedly asked, "they pricked her heel and they gave her vaccines and she cried so much" he cried.

"it's for her own good, jin" jimin frowned, "i swear i heard her say 'appa, help me!'" he sobbed. even though he was crying, hyejin was calm.

jimin shook his head, "seokjin, she was not saying that. she's a day old"

"she was saying that!"

"do you have plans?" namjoon asked as they cuddled in bed while watching a movie, "not really, just go to my therapy appointment. what about you?" yoongi said, he was making amazing progress according to his therapist, but he didn't really believe her.

"gotta go to the orthodontist, but i might call and say i'll go next week or something because i don't feel like paying 300 dollars today" he mumbled, "oh, that reminds me that i have to go pick up my medication at the pharmacy" he said, glancing at the  digital clock in their room.

"while you're there, can you get me acetaminophen? get me generic, not the brand name ones" namjoon said, yoongi tilted his head, "isn't acetaminophen just tylenol?"

"tylenol is a brand name, so it's more expensive. get the ones that are like 2 dollars" namjoon said, pulling out a 5 dollar bill from his wallet and handing it to yoongi, "that's a thing?"