twenty-nine

"did you sleep well?" namjoon asked, he was picking up yoongi to go ilsan together to see his family, yoongi shrugged as he got in the car.

"not that well?" the tall boy asked, yoongi said, "i slept okay. i couldn't sleep until 2am or so, but i didn't have nightmares" yoongi said, he slept alright, "ah, i'm glad you didn't have nightmares. have you had breakfast?" namjoon asked as he started the car, yoongi shook his head, "you said your mom would make food"

namjoon smiled, "yeah, she's been working on food all day for you" he said, yoongi smiled. he admired the boy's delicate features.

"i can't meet your parents" yoongi said, not unbuckling his seatbelt once they arrived at namjoon's house, "oh c'mon, they'll love you. possibly more than me" he said, yoongi whined, "i'm not wearing something nice"

namjoon chuckled, "i think you look great" he said, yoongi pouted and got out of the car. yoongi stood behind the tall boy as namjoon knocked on the door. yoongi could hear a feminine squeal from the other side and the door swung open.

"hi, oppa! where's your boyfriend?" the girl smiled, yoongi stepped up a bit and waved, "oh my gosh! you're so cute!" she squealed, letting them in

the girl reached for yoongi's face and hair, namjoon slapped the girl's hands away, "get your own boyfriend" he said, knowing that yoongi wasn't fond of people touching him, especially after what had happened.

namjoon smiled seeing his sister smile, "oh my gosh, you have braces! mama, oppa has braces!" the girl squealed, "world breaking news" the older brother rolled his eyes, "how much are they?"

"uh, like 300 a month" he said, making the girl gasp. the boy's mother walked in, "ah, namjoonie! you look so cute!" the woman said and pulled him into a hug, "you look different. maybe it's the braces, you make them look good" the mother said, yoongi smiled seeing how fond the woman seemed over her son, "you must be yoongi" she smiled.

yoongi smiled and nodded, too shy to speak, "how'd you meet namjoon?" the woman asked, "at our 'meet the teacher' day at the school we work at" he said, "so cute" she smiled, ruffling the short boy's hair.

the two boy's sat on the couch as namjoon's parents and sister made food, yoongi looked around the house as they waited, "i thought you were poor, but your house is so nice" the boy whispered, "snu bought it" namjoon said, yoongi gasped.

"my parents didn't want to let me go to snu because it was far and i had full ride scholarships from other schools, so they sent like six of their representatives to our old house and asked my parents what it would take for her to let me go to snu" namjoon said and continued talking, "my sister jokingly said a house"

yoongi laughed, "and they agreed?" he asked, namjoon nodded with a big smile, "they took my parents to see a bunch of houses" namjoon said, the short boy smiled, "usually, people are begging to get into snu, not the other way around"

namjoon shrugged, "i know"

"so yoongi, what do you work as?" the boy's father asked, "i work as a teacher. in fact, i teach in the classroom next to namjoon's" yoongi said, "how old are you?" namjoon's sister asked, "i'm 26" yoongi answered as he ate, "cool, what made you want to date my loser brother?" she teased, namjoon rolled his eyes, "mom, say something!"