thirty-three

"and here you are living
despite it all" (rupi kaur)

namjoon jumped up from his couch when he heard a knock at his door. it was seokjin so he opened the door.

"hi joon, how's life?" the older boy flopped on the couch, "it's been well. how's yours?' he asked, looking up from his phone, "great, actually! my parents are starting to like jimin"

namjoon's eyes widened a bit when he heard that, "really? what did jimin do? that's actually..shocking" he mumbled, "it's not really what jimin did, but they want me to settle down"

the tall boy raised a brow, "like get married?" he asked, the older man nodded and smiled, "they should pay for the wedding since they want to see me get married so bad" seokjin laughed, "i bet they will" namjoon smiled, seokjin's family was wealthy, but everyone knew that already.

"do you mind if i grab some water?"

namjoon stared at him. this was code for, 'i'm going to check your fridge and cabinets to make sure you have enough food'. for gosh's sake, they had been friends for how long now? they didn't need ask each other permission for those type of things.

he didnt answer but seokjin proceeded to walk to the boy's kitchen and open the fridge. namjoon wanted to rip his hair out as he prepared for a scolding.

"namjoon, why is there literally like three things in your fridge? it being cheese, juice, and strawberries"

namjoon stared, "because i can" he said, seokjin sighed, "what do you eat? there's nothing here to make a meal" seokjin said as he looked through the cabinets. the tall boy shrugged, his stomach rumbling at the sound of seokjin's words.

seokjin grabbed his keys, "c'mon we're going to the store" he said, namjoon pulled his legs to his chest and shook his head, "i would rather starve"

"i know that, but you need to eat"

namjoon sniffled, a lump in his throat started forming, "m-my sister" he cried, seokjin sat next to namjoon and rubbed his back, "your sister? what about her?"

the tall boy cried into a pillow. seokjin frowned as he watched, "s-she's in the h-hospital. her h-heart, i-i don't really k-know" he said in between sobs, the other man frowned, "since when has she been in the hospital?"

namjoon sniffled, "i-i don't know, like a w-week?" he cried. he liked joking with his sister and calling her a loser and what not, but he loves her. he cares so much and he wouldn't anything to happen to her.

"a-and i g-got mad at y-yoongi. i-i didn't say anything, b-but he knew i was mad and he hasn't texted me" he cried, feeling like everything in his body was shutting down.

"have you texted him?" seokjin asked, rubbing the boy's back, "no" he sniffled, "i think you should text him" he sighed, namjoon frowned.

"text him and then we're going to the store"

"did you not hear me say my sister is in the hospital?"

seokjin tilted his head, "i'm not seeing the correlation" he cautiously said as he looked at namjoon's expression.

"you rich people me amuse me" namjoon huffed, "oh, money. c'mon, joonie. you have money to afford a hospital bill and food, i've seen your bank statements" seokjin said, namjoon raised a brow, "when?"

"like the other day when you handed me your phone. 40,000 is enough believe it or not, you have more money than old people. how the heck do you have so much money?" seokjin mumbled, "for one, i don't buy two hundred dollar wallets"