fifty-two

"you're no good for me
baby, you're no good for me
you're no good for me
but baby, i want you, i want"
— diet mountain dew, lana del rey

tw: body image issues, self harm

yoongi groaned hearing namjoon's obnoxiously loud alarm. he pressed his hands on his ear and lightly kicked namjoon.

the tall boy sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes and opening the blinds to let the sunlight in. this only caused yoongi to groan even more.

"why are you awake so early?" yoongi said, catching a glance at their digital clock that sat on the night stand that was on namjoon's side of the bed.

"gotta go to the orthodontist. i'm getting my braces off" he smiled, yoongi showed a sleepy smile, "that's amazing, honey. do you want me to come with you?" he asked, "not if you don't want to, you seem sleepy"

yoongi sat up, "i'll go because i want to commemorate this moment with you" he sleepily said, namjoon smiled and pressed a kiss on his forehead.

"okay, sugar" he said and headed to the bathroom to get ready. he wanted to celebrate his joonie even if he was sleepy.

yoongi sat in the corner of the orthodontist room. his eyes threatening to shut because of how tired he was, but he would get himself some coffee after this.

"your teeth aren't positioned correctly here, so i'm going to give you one more month in braces" the man said, the small boy's eyes widened, "no, his teeth are perfect" yoongi tried arguing even though he was still only half awake.

"it's something very minor, but i'd like it to be fixed" the man said as he looked at some x-ray's.

namjoon was annoyed as the man taught him the new pattern for his braces. he was mad.

although he did want to get his braces off to eat sticky and chewy stuff, he mostly wanted them off so he could stop paying. of course, that was kim namjoon's main concern. money was always the main concern.

to say the least, namjoon was frustrated after the appointment. the couple sat in the parking lot as yoongi looked over the instructions for the rubber bands.

"this looks like it hurts" he said before beginning the car, namjoon glared at him, "it does hurt and it feels like someone wired my mouth shut with all these rubber bands" he huffed, making the small sadly smile.

"plus, i feel so ugly and i'm feeling really anxious because i just spent 300 dollars" he mumbled, yoongi frowned hearing that, "i think you look really pretty, the pink really suits you" he smiled, namjoon couldn't help but sigh.

"i also think it's a great investment for your health" he added, namjoon just picked at his nails.

seokjin frowned waking up to small sniffles that clearly didn't belong to his daughter. he opened his eyes and sat up in bed, scanning the room to see jimin crying in front of the mirror.

"minnie?" he softly called out, jimin wiped the tears from his cheeks, "so sorry for waking you up" he spoke, leaving the room to go to hyejin's nursery.

the tall boy got up from bed and followed jimin, "what's wrong?" he asked, jimin shook his head and packed hyejin's diaper bag for the nursery.