thirty-nine

namjoon stopped focusing on his laptop and instead began focusing on the squealing short boy in front of him, "joon! it's december!" he smiled, he was holding a box.

"i'm going to need a bit more than that" namjoon said, closing his laptop and staring at yoongi, "it's almost christmas! i need your tall butt to help me put these lights in my classroom!" he said, namjoon's heart sank.

he hated christmas. he hated all the annoying red and green lights. he hated all the absurdly expensive gifts. he hated the six course meals rich families would have. he hated everything about christmas. you might as well call him the grinch.

"oh yeah, i can help with that" namjoon said, forcing a smile on his face. he got up from his seat and followed yoongi into his classroom.

yoongi smiled as he watched namjoon hang up the lights. his heart was filled with joy as namjoon hung up the white lights, "i think i'll get some red and green lights for my reading corner"

namjoon nodded, "that sounds like a good idea" he said, "i'm a bit dissapointed in you for not getting red and green braces colors" yoongi said, the tall boy chuckled, "i don't like christmas. plus, i forgot it was coming up when i got them tightened" he said, "why not? it's like the best holiday"

namjoon hummed, "it was hard to celebrate christmas growing up, it was something we only did is mom and dad had enough money scraped up to get a nice meal. we never got gifts" he shrugged, yoongi frowned.

"what about now? you still don't celebrate it?" yoongi asked, "nope, i would be wasting money. i could use that money for something i need" he said, yoongi frowned harder.

"so what do you do?" he asked, namjoon sighed, "it's just like every other day for my family and i. now drop it please" he mumbled, yoongi nodded, feeling sad about this.

yoongi had always seen christmas as a time period for family and friends to bond. he had always seen it as a time without worry or stress. in fact, he thought christmas was the most romantic time of the year (besides valentine's day, of course). he recalls seeing his parents kiss under the mistletoe, but yoongi never had someone to kiss under the mistletoe.

"okay, i'm done" namjoon said once he had finished putting the lights up, yoongi showed a small smile, "thank you, joon. i appreciate it" he said, the taller one smiled, "of course, sugar"

jimin

seokjin

i think im going to die

seokjin

WHAT

JIMIN ARE YOU OKAY??

jimin

no

i need cheese balls

seokjin

i was thinking you were about to die

do you understand how scared i was??

jimin

sounds like a you problem

please give me cheeseballs

please

like im about to cry