seventy

chapter inspired by chansrroom

"namjoon, as you probably know, you're a very important asset to our school considering your education level and test scores"

the boy smiled, "thank you, sir" he set and let his boss speak, "there is a very important conference in busan with government officials regarding education. it would be our honor having you there" his boss smiled.

"oh" he said, "by myself?" he nervously asked, "yes, dr.kim" the man said, "i'm sorry, but i have a 7 month old son" he chuckled.

his boss hummed, "namjoon, it's an all paid expenses trip and it is very important to us. honestly, i don't know who i would send if not you" he said, "i don't think i can go, my family is very important to me"

"name your price"

"excuse me, what?"

the man began typing on his computer, "how much money do you want? i'll add it to your next paycheck" he said, "i—"

"800? 1000?"

"deal"

morality? what's that?

namjoon returned to his classroom, his face a shade of green because of the offer he accepted. yoongi was going to be upset, he knew it.

they loved their baby boy, don't get them wrong, but it was a two person job. their baby was especially fussy of who did what.

for example, junho didn't like it when yoongi fed him in the morning. he would scream and cry until namjoon calmed him down. however, the baby didn't like it when namjoon fed him at night and only liked it when yoongi rocked him to sleep. sometimes, junho was weird and would scream until his preferred parent cared for him. he would switch who he wanted to care for him.

"anything anyone wants to share for morning circle?" namjoon said, still smiling for his students, "mama said she's getting me a cat!" a girl giggled, the teacher smiled, "i love cats! they're the cutest!"

it was quiet for a bit, "now, i would like to express how i'm feeling" he calmly said, "right now, i am feeling a bit sad because i have to go on a trip for a week and leave mr.min and our son. it's for work so i won't be here either"

he saw as students' happy expressions turned into confused ones, "basically, mr.min and my son are like really special stuffed animals that i love so much. however, i can't cuddle them or be with them for 7 days! that's a long time! that's why i'm sad" he frowned, his students frowned, "who's going to feed your son?"

"mr.min will" he said, "how?" his students asked, "with baby formula, but he eats some solids now like baby food, but that's not really a solid, but it is because it's not milk" he hummed, "anyway, mr.min and i will be fine. don't worry"

"dr.kim is going to leave you" one of namjoon's students told yoongi during lunch, "w-what?" he nervously laughed, "he said it during morning circle!"

yoongi blinked, "he's my fiance, he can't just leave me. plus, we have a baby together" he said, "he said you'll have to feed and take care of your son all by yourself!"

the short man looked at namjoon who was across the cafeteria talking to a group of students, a smile spread across his face. he felt his heart ache, what were his students talking about?