eighty-three

hyejin stared at jimin who was clutching his stomach as he wiped their kitchen island. it was a weekend and seokjin had work. how annoying.

"papa? appa where?" she asked, playing with a doll, "appa is at work" he said, groaning as he felt the pain again, "papa hurt?"

jimin shook his head, "just cramping, i'm okay" he reassured, caressing his little one's soft hair.

-

"siri, call jinnie" jimin spoke into his phone, which cued the digital assistant to call seokjin.

hyejin laid on her papa's thigh as the phone rang, "hey minnie" seokjin answered, making his daughter gasp and snatch the phone away, "jinnie? you? appa!" she squealed hearing her father, "oh hi sweetheart, did you call me or papa?"

"hi seokjin, it was me" jimin laughed and took the phone away from hyejin, making her pout, "i was just going to ask you to bring home some apples and strawberries on your way home"

seokjin hummed, "alright. i'll call you soon. i love you" he said, "i love you too" jimin smiled, hyejin giggled and dug her face into jimin's thigh.

the boy hung up and continues watching a show on his laptop. hyejin grabbed jimin's phone.

"siri! call jinnie!" she giggled, jimin's eyes widened seeing how fast hyejin had learned to call her father.

"jimin, you just called-"

"appa! hyejin!"

seokjin smiled, "hi sweetheart, what do you need?"

"siri! siri!" she squealed, showcasing to her father the new word he had learned, "what about siri?"

"sorry, seokjin. she just learned how to use siri" jimin laughed, seokjin laughed too, "what a cutie"

-

hyejin tilted her head seeing jimin cry with his knees to his chest.

her appa always tried to console jimin when he cried.

how did her appa do it? well, sometimes he saw jimin say, 'siri, call jinnie' whilst crying.

"papa, eat?" she asked him, seokjin always offered food, "i'll make you food in a bit" he sniffled, "oh. hug?" the small girl asked, jimin nodded and gave her a small hug. her papa was still crying! she was so confused!

she looked at jimin's phone sitting on the kitchen island. the girl crawled on to the chair and reached for the phone.

"siri, call jinnie" she spoke, not loud enough for jimin to hear due to his sobs, but loud enough for siri to hear.

-

"the advantages of my business proposal-" seokjin paused hearing his phone. he declined it and continued speaking, "this proposal would allow for us-"

it rung again, "can i take this?" he asked, "on speaker" his boss said, seokjin sighed a bit, but nodded.

"jimin-"

"appa?"

his coworkers' hearts melted hearing the little girl's voice, "hyejin, where's your papa? i'm busy" he explained, hyejin hummed and looked at jimin.