forty-one

namjoon buttoned up his white dress shirt as he looked in the mirror. he was getting ready to spend christmas with yoongi's family. per yoongi's request, he dressed formally, but not business formal.

he hummed seeing his mother was calling him.

"hello?"

"ah, namjoon. how are you? are you doing anything this christmas?"

"yoongi invited me to spend christmas with his family, so i'm getting dressed for that right now. why do you ask? are you guys doing anything?"

"no, but your dad went out to grab some bread. did you get them gifts?"

"yeah, i did, but i wasn't really sure what to get them"

he frowned hearing his mother sigh.

"really, namjoon?"

"yeah?"

"you know what? ever since you moved to seoul, i feel like you've become greedy. you've become so entitled with all the money you have made. it's like you forgot where you came from, you're not humble anymore. your appa and i basically gave everything to you and it's like you forgot"

"what?"

"you're out there buying gifts and having large dinners. you didn't even call to say merry christmas or anything"

"i just finished showering, i was going to call" he mumbled.

"oh sure, namjoon. are you sure you haven't become greedy? you forget where you came from. you're greedy"

namjoon's bottom lip quivered.

"i-i'm greedy?" he stuttered.

"yes, namjoon. you. seoul has changed you. it's like you're not satisfied"

he wanted to say something, but he feared it would prove her point. he wanted to cry. maybe she was right?

"s-sorry. merry christmas" he sniffled and hung up.

oh, yes. he was greedy. you heard it here first, folks. kim namjoon is the greediest person on earth. he hasn't worked hard for anything in his life. everything was practically handed to him. his chairs and couches in seoul were made from gold and he wiped his ass with 100 dollar bills.

he flopped on his bed, tears finally spilling from his eyes. namjoon didn't want to do anything christmas related. he was reminded of why he hated christmas in the first place.

yoongi

hi joonie

i'll pick you up in a bit, i just have to put the gifts in my car

namjoon

i don't want to go anymore

sorry

yoongi

what?

why not?

namjoon

not feeling well

yoongi

you were fine yesterday

maybe the cold weather made you sick, honey??

namjoon