forty-four

[time skip to beginning of their summer holidays because vickie ran out of ideas]

as the summer began, yoongi and namjoon agreed that it was the perfect time to find an apartment for them to move in together. they didn't have work and had lots of free time. the couple would spend the whole day apartment hunting and had scheduled many tours of apartments.

they arrived at the first place at 9am. the older boy was particularly tired because he wasn't used to waking up early anymore.

"so this apartment has one bedroom and one bathroom" the person who was guiding them said, namjoon hummed as he looked around, "i like it" the tall boy said, yoongi scrunched up his face.

"it's smaller than i would like" yoongi said, "this is the biggest apartment we have for a one bedroom" the woman said, "how much is rent?" namjoon asked, it was his number one priority.

"400 a month, plus a 1000 dollar deposit" she said. namjoon hummed, the monthly rent wasn't bad. he liked that part.

yoongi wasn't fond of the apartment, it was too small, "thank you so much for allowing us to tour, but it's not for us" he said and bowed, namjoon bowed even though he though the apartment was fine.

the second apartment was much better. in fact, yoongi loved it. he liked the size of it and thought it was adequate for two people. there was kitchen island which was perfect for their at-home dinners. the bedroom was spacious and so was the living room to say.

namjoon liked it too, but he scared of asking what the price was. the whole place seemed too big and luxurious to him.

"what's the monthly rent and deposit?" the small boy asked with a huge smile, it was the gummy smile that let everyone know he was happy, "700 monthly with a 1000 dollar deposit" the woman smiled.

the price was reasonable to yoongi. he could almost squeal. however, namjoon felt a million alarm go off in his brain. 700 a month? he would be insane to agree.

"yoongi, not this one" namjoon mumbled, not loud enough for the woman to hear. the small boy frowned hearing namjoon's disapproving tone, "why?" he mumbled back, "just no, let's go"

"thank you for your time, ma'am" namjoon bowed and so did yoongi, but he felt a pout on his face.

the car ride was silence, "namjoon, why didn't you like it? it was beautiful" yoongi frowned, "it was too expensive, sugar" the man said, "no it's not! i pay 700 for my apartment right now! it's reasonable, joon!" the boy sighed, "i pay 300 for mine"

"namjoon, it's not like you're going to pay 700 dollars! we're going to split everything" yoongi said, namjoon knew that, but he still didn't like the sound of it.

he shrugged, "let's just see the rest of the apartments and see if we find somewhere else" namjoon said, yoongi sighed and nodded.

the couple toured some more apartments, but yoongi was still dazed by the second one.

"joonie, i'm still in love with the second one" yoongi frowned, "pick another one like the one with a monthly rent of 300 dollars" namjoon said as he drove, yoongi stared at him, "that one was too small" he mumbled, "okay, then what about the one that was 350?"

yoongi shook his head, "i like the second one, plus it's close to where we work and there's so many stores nearby. it's perfect, namjoon" the man tried convincing, but namjoon wouldn't budge.

"it would be ridiculous for us to spend 700 a month on rent alone. min yoongi, we're not getting that one" the taller one said, "it's like you don't care about the inside of the apartments! all you care about is the price!" yoongi scoffed, "i'm just saying it's a ridiculous price"