The dinner.

A few hours later, I was back at my apartment unpacking the last of my boxes when I received a text from Mapi.

Mapi

7 o'clock at Paradiso?

Sounds good 👍 Xx

See you later chica 😚  

See you there! Xx

I had 2 hours to get ready, plenty of time. First things first, time to head for a shower. As I stood in the shower with I closed my eyes letting the hot water run through my hair, I only saw one thing. Hazel eyes. Her Hazel eyes.

I hadn't seen her eyes in over a year. I tried so hard to forget about them, I thought I had, that  was until I saw them earlier today and all of the memories came flooding back.

Sat on my bed, I momentarily became lost in my thoughts... about all of the times those eyes had stared directly into mine. The times our eyes met and they had made me feel nervous, happy, complete and then finally... broken. The sound of my phone ringing on my bedside table distracting me from my own thoughts.

I picked my phone up to see that Ona was calling.

Ona and I had been best friends for years, meeting while playing for the Spanish youth teams, going through the age groups together, before making our senior debuts. She was one of the main reasons I chose to move to Manchester United, moving to a different country didn't seem that scary when I knew I would have my bestie there with me.

I quickly accepted the call, desperate to hear her voice.

"Hola!!" I greeted her happily

"Hey Isy, I miss you!!"

"I miss you more!"

"How is it, being back in Barcelona?" Ona asked.

"Um.. it's good. It's great to be home!"

Ona must have sensed in my voice that something was bothering me.

"Isa... what's up?" She questioned. 

"Nothing really. I promise"

"Isa, I know when something is bothering you... what's happened?" She pleaded.

"Nothing's happened... not really" I trailed off, not wanted to explain and sound stupid. After all nothing really had happened. Not yet anyway.

"Something has. I can tell" She paused before continuing. "Is it Ale?"

Silence.

"What has she said?" Ona questioned, slightly aggressively.

"She hasn't said anything, I haven't spoken to her." I mumbled down the phone.

"Then what had happened?" She asked, calmly this time.

"It's just- seeing her is harder than I thought it would be..." 

Ona knew everything that had happened between Alexia and I. She was there for me. She was there to pick up the pieces of my heart that Alexia had broken.