Celebration conversations.

Alexia's POV

It was hours after the final whistle, after celebrating on the pitch with our teammates, the medal ceremony, trophy lift, and partying in the locker room we were all back at the hotel for the celebration that the team had organized for us and all of our friends and family.

Isy's dad Jorge and I stood in the corner of the room where the party was being thrown, surrounded by drunk teammates and family members all celebrating our win. I wanted to celebrate with them, to dance with my girlfriend but this was my only opportunity to talk to Jorge before we headed back to Barcelona tomorrow and before Isy and I went to Ibiza in a couple of days. We had been talking about the game and how happy Isy had been since returning to Barcelona when there was a natural pause in the conversation.

The perfect moment. The perfect opportunity...

"Jorge, could we possibly go out for a coffee tomorrow morning before we leave, just us? I have something I really want to ask you" I asked nervously, unsure of how this conversation was going to go.

"No" he immediately replied.

"Oh- I. Um... ok" I mumbled, stunned by the bluntness of his response.

"You don't need to ask me Ale... the answer is yes," he said as he turned towards me with a smile on his face, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"You don't even know what my question is yet" I joked as my heart pounded in my chest.

"You want to marry her?" he asked, raising his eyebrow slightly in my direction.

I smiled and nodded, my cheeks blushing as I turned to look at Isy dancing with Mapi. She was having the time of her life, she looked happy as Mapi spun her around, her eyes meeting mine for a second before she turned back to the dancefloor.

"You don't need my permission, but if it will make you feel better, you have it... mine and Camila's. To be honest we thought this would happen a long time ago"

"I did too" I smiled.
"Do you want to know a secret?" I asked, drawing my eyes away from her and looking back towards Jorge.

He nodded.

"I bought the ring a week before she decided to go to Manchester, it's been sitting in my drawer for the last 3 years... waiting for her"

"If you'd have asked her back then she would have stayed, you know that right?"

"I do, but that wouldn't have been fair on her. It wasn't the right time... for either of us" I explained.

"But now is?" He asked in a caring way, wanting to know how I was feeling about my decision

"Definitely"

After chatting a bit more, Jorge left to go and find Camila who was deep in conversation with my mother, the pair of them laughing hysterically about something that had been said. I stayed where we had been standing, taking in the jubilant atmosphere of the room, watching as more and more of my teammates made their way onto the dancefloor.

"You ok over here?" Alba asked as she came to stand beside me, disrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, I was just talking to Jorge about something..." I replied, my eyes focused on my girlfriend across the room.

"That looked intense..."

"Huh?" I asked, having not really been listening to what she was saying.

"You and Jorge... it looked like an intense conversation, you haven't got yourself in trouble with her dad have you?" She said jokingly, softly elbowing me in the side as she did.

"No. Um- the opposite in fact" I smirked at her before returning to watch Isy who was now chatting with Lucy and Keira.
"Can I tell you a secret?"

"Yes! You know how much I love secrets. What is it?!" she pleaded excitedly, turning her body in my direction.

"You can't tell anyone this one though Albs, you promise?"

"I promise" She smiled.

"I was asking for his permission" I mumbled, not wanting to be overheard.

"His permission for w- Oh my god. Ale, are you serious!?" She asked, practically jumping up and down with excitement.

"Shut- up-" I spoke through gritted teeth, gripping her arm tightly in an attempt to stop her talking.

"You're proposing?" She whispered, a look of shock plastered all over her face, her eyes wide and mouth open.

I pressed my lips into a flat line, trying to hide my smile as I nodded at her, but was unable to hide the happiness on my face.

"Finally!" she whispered, play punching me in the stomach before pulling me into a hug.

"Let's hope she says yes... because she's way out of your league, you know that right?"

"Thanks Albs... now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go and see my girl"

I made my way towards my girlfriend who was standing on her own in the opposite corner of the room, looking around having just finished talking to Lucy and Keira.

"Hey! Where have you been?!" Isy cheered when she saw me, skipping towards me and wrapping her arms around my waist before resting her head against my chest.

"I was just talking to Alba, are you ok?" I asked, placing a kiss on top of her head as I held her close.

"Yeah, I just missed you"

"I missed you too" I smiled.

Isy slowly lifted her head from my chest, tilting it back to look up at me, her dark eyes meeting mine.

"Can I get that kiss now?" she asked, glancing down at my lips momentarily.

"Of course you can" I smiled, leaning down and capturing her lips in mine, holding her even tighter than I was before.

Throughout the kiss, her hands slowly began to slip from my waist, down to the waistband of my jeans, her fingers slipping underneath the denim as she deepened the kiss momentarily before pulling away slightly.

"Do you think I can stay in your room again tonight?" She asked, biting down on her bottom lip as she waited for a response.

I smirked at her question, knowing the real reason why she was asking.

"Well, it is the end of the season..." I said, trailing off as I tried to resume our kiss.

"So is that a yes then captain?" she teased, drawing circles on my hipbone with her fingers as her dark eyes stared directly into mine.

"Yes. It's a yes" I agreed, glancing down at her lips before finally bringing her back into a kiss.

"Can we go now?" She mumbled against my lips, her fingers still tracing lines on my bare skin.

"It's still early carino, if we leave together now everyone here will know what we are doing..."

"We aren't doing anything... I'm just tired and want to go to bed" She smirked, moving her hands forward fiddling with the button of my jeans, tugging on it gently.

I shook my head slightly in disbelief at how she was acting in front of our friends and family before glancing down at her hands. The feeling of her fingers brushing against my abs made my decision for me, causing me to reach into my jeans pocket.

"Here's my key, I'll meet you up there in 5. Ok?" I whispered into her ear.

"Yes captain" She smirked before placing a peck on my lips and turning in the direction of the rooms.