Proposal

Ale and I had been in Ibiza for a couple of days, enjoying some time on our own before the rest of the group joined us for the weekend. It had mostly been spent sleeping in late, going to the beach, exploring the local town, enjoying good food, and cuddling up together in the evening, trying to make the most of the time we had off over the summer.

We had spent most of today at the villa relaxing by the pool and napping in the sun, Ale only leaving to go and get some supplies from the shop down the road. Ale had had this evening planned for the last couple of weeks, a romantic dinner at my favourite seafood restaurant in the town, located just off the beach.

I was looking forward to getting out with Ale for the evening, Ibiza had been the place where our relationship had begun. We shared our first kiss here, in the garden of the villa that Ale had rented out every year for the last 7 years, we admitted how we felt about each other here, it's a special place for us as a couple, and coming back here made me realise how lucky I was to have Ale back in my life.

I had decided on my outfit for the evening, wide-leg white trousers, a matching crop top that accentuated my summer tan, and my favourite pair of red heels. I had looked through my jewelry box for the right pair of earrings, but couldn't find any that matched my outfit, then I remembered that Ale had borrowed my small gold hoops for an event that she had attended a few weeks ago.

I unzipped her suitcase which was still sitting unpacked at the foot of the bed, searching for her travel jewelry box that she always brought on holiday with her, but instead found something else... something smaller.

I could hear my heartbeat in my ears as I stared down at the tiny black box in my hand.

It couldn't be... could it?

My curiosity got the better of me and before I knew it I was slowly opening the box, desperate to know if this was really happening. The oval-cut diamond ring that sat inside gave me the answer... it was an engagement ring... Ale was proposing.

My mind was going a thousand miles an hour, every emotion going through my head. I was surprised that this was happening now, of course we had talked about wanting to get married, but we hadn't even been back together for a year yet, it felt so quick, but I was beyond excited about the thought of Ale asking me to marry her... becoming her fiancé and being one step closer to being a Putellas.

The sound of the shower turning off brought me back to the present moment. I wasn't supposed to have seen this, I spent a few more seconds staring at the ring before I shoved my hand back into her suitcase, putting the closed box back where I found it. I couldn't ruin this moment, if I knew anything about Ale she would have had this all planned for weeks, every detail would have been thought about and I couldn't ruin it for her... or for me.

I was standing in front of the bedroom mirror finishing my hair when Ale appeared from the bathroom, wrapped in a towel that was far too short for modesty, the hem sitting at the top of her thigh barely covering her behind.

"You look beautiful" Ale smiled as she stood behind me, brushing my hair off my shoulder as she looked at me through the mirror, before placing a delicate kiss on the base of my neck.

"I love that outfit on you" She mumbled against my skin, the warmth of her breath causing goosebumps to appear all over my body.

"I love that towel on you" I smirked, turning around to face her and fiddling with the bottom of her towel, my index finger brushing against her damp thigh.

"Don't" Ale mumbled, slowly stepping backward and out of my reach.

"Don't what?" I asked, pleading my innocence, looking her up and down as she stood in front of me.