Changes.

"The doctor just called, they want us to take him in for one o'clock. So we should be able to take him and still make the game" Ale said as she walked into the living room, her phone still in her hand having just answered a call from the hospital.

"I'm not leaving him"

"I know... I don't want to either, but-" she started, but I didn't let her finish.

"No I mean it. I'm not leaving him" I blurted out, my anxiety had been at an all time high since Jordi hurt himself yesterday and the thought of leaving him terrified me.

"We have to Isy, we've got the game"

"I can't" I repeated.

"Isy..." she breathed softly, her hazel eyes looking into mine.

"I'm not leaving him Ale, I'll call Jonatan and explain" I sighed.
"You can go, but I'm not... Jonatan said if there was ever an emergency with Jordi then we could miss a game or two and I am using that now"

"He's ok Isy" Ale spoke gently, desperately trying to reassure me, but her usual tricks weren't working.

"I'm not though... all I can think about is that we weren't there. He was hurt and we weren't there to kiss it better"

"We can't be there all of the time cariño, mama was with him and he was fine"

"I know that Eli was there! But it should have been us. We're his parents Ale" I began to get more frustrated, feeling as if she wasn't understanding me.

"I know we are"

"I hate leaving him. I grew him inside me for 9 months, I spent every day with him for the first 9 months of his life and now I feel like I spend more time away from him than I do with him. I miss him so much"

"What about training and the game next week?"

"I don't know" I answered honestly, I had no idea how I was going to go back to normal after yesterday. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to.

"What do you mean you don't know?" She asked softly, taking a step closer to me.

"I don't know Ale. I just know that I don't want to leave him anymore"

"Ok" she nodded.

"Why are you attacking me? I feel like you more than anyone should understand why I don't want to be away from him"

"I'm not attacking you cariño and I do understand"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm giving you a hug, because I think you need one right now" she smiled, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me close to her.

"If you want to stop playing, then that's ok, but we've still got a month left of the season" she whispered into my ear before planting a gentle kiss onto my temple.

"I don't know what I want to do"

"I'll talk to Jonatan today, explain how you're feeling, maybe we can sort something out"

We would have talked about the topic for longer, but Jordi woke up and we were in full parenting mode again. Even after the scare yesterday and not much sleep last night Jordi was still our little whirlwind. Now that he was learning to walk, everything became so much harder, when he wasn't toddling around the house he was crawling at full speed either chasing after Nala or following Ale and I around.

Getting him ready to leave the house also took so much longer now that he was on the move, getting him dressed, putting his shoes on, packing everything he needs into his bag and wrestling him into his car seat took almost half an hour which meant that we were always running late.