Safe.

Tomorrow was the Champions League final, the biggest game of my life, the first final I have been in with Barcelona, the first chance for me to get my hands on that trophy and I was terrified. I was terrified that I would make a mistake and lose what I have wished for most in my footballing career... a Champions League gold.

As Ale and I made our way up to the fifth floor of our hotel where our rooms were located she reached for my hand, immediately intertwining her fingers with mine.

"Stop overthinking it" She said, squeezing my hand as we arrived at the elevator.

"It's just like any other game, just go out there and do your best... what will be will be"

"I know, I just didn't think I'd be starting"

"I did... because you're brilliant, and you deserve it more than anyone" Ale smiled, taking a step closer to me and wrapping her arms around my waist as the elevator doors closed behind us, sealing us off from the outside world.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you" I whispered, resting my forehead on hers.

"Yes, but I'll never get tired of hearing it..."

"If I loved you anymore, my heart would burst. You have my whole heart Alexia Putellas and that's never going to change, I hope you know that"

"I do" she smirked before placing a slow sensual kiss on my lips, her breath hot against my skin as she held me close.

"... and you have mine Isabel"

We headed down the hall and said goodnight before heading into our rooms, we had separate rooms like usual when we were away with the team, but I've never wanted to sleep in the same bed as Ale as much as I did tonight. I was nervous and I wanted Ale by my side tonight.

I showered and changed into one of my old training tops before climbing into bed and trying to get some sleep, knowing that it wasn't going to come easy tonight.

After hours of tossing and turning, worrying about the game and everything that could go wrong, I finally checked the time on my phone.

03:43 am, I had to be up in less than 5 hours and I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. My mind was in overdrive and I couldn't get it to slow down.

I threw the blanket back and climbed out of bed, pulling on a pair of shorts before making my way out of the room and down the hall to room 5.11, knocking on the door quietly.

It was a few moments before the door swung open.
"Isy, what are you- why aren't you in bed carino?" Ale asked quietly, her voice laced with concern and confusion.

"I don't think I can do this, what if I make a mistake and let everyone down? I won't be able to forgive myself. I can't do this."

"Come here" Ale spoke quietly, pulling me into her hotel room, closing and locking the door behind us, before pulling me into her warm embrace, holding me as close to her body as possible.
"Have you had any sleep?" She whispered into my hair.

I shook my head in response, nuzzling into her chest and enjoying the calming sound of her heartbeat against my ear.

"Come on" she whispered as she slowly led me towards her bed, pulling back the blanket and gesturing for me to climb in.

"I-I'm not allowed Ale, what if Jonatan finds out?"

"You aren't spending the night here, because it's already the morning. Come on, you need to get some sleep, I promise you it will be fine"

I crawled into the bed, the smell of Ale clinging to the sheets immediately made me relax. I waited for her to join me before cuddling into her side, wrapping my arm around her waist and resting my head on her chest.

"I know that you're nervous, I am too, but please try and get some rest carino" She spoke softly, wrapping her arms around me and holding me close once again

I fell asleep not long after that, the presence of Ale immediately calming any nerves that I had. She always had that effect on me, she made me feel safe, she made me feel at home no matter where in the world we were.

Ale's alarm sounded at 07:30am, waking us both up from our disrupted night's sleep, our bodies almost in the exact position we fell asleep in.

"Hey you" Ale whispered, looking into my eyes and leaning down slightly to place a kiss on my forehead.

"Morning" I croaked back, not fully awake yet as I turned and buried my head into the side of her neck.

"How are you feeling?" she asked quietly, as she ran her fingers through my hair.

"Better" I mumbled, placing a kiss on the skin just above her collarbone.
"I always feel better when I'm with you"

"Me too" She whispered as she reached for my hand and intertwined her fingers with mine.

We lay there for a little while, enjoying the peace of the morning together before the day kicked into full swing. It was Champion's league final day, it was going to be hectic and we knew that we wouldn't see each other much until after the game was over so we needed to make the most of this moment together.

"Isy... you should-" she began, her grip around me loosening slightly.

"I know... I should get back to my room before everyone starts getting up, but I really don't want to."

"I don't want you to either, but if Jonatan sees you..."

"Ok capitana I'll go, I don't want to get us into trouble" I joked, placing a peck on her lips before climbing out of bed and pulling on one of Ale's hoodies.

"Thank you for making me feel safe, I love you and I'll see you at breakfast" I grinned as I made my way out of her hotel room and into the hall.

Thankfully the hallway was quiet, it was still early and nobody had risen from their rooms yet, so I closed the door quietly behind me and began making my down the hall to my hotel room. I was halfway to my destination when the door to one of the rooms swung open and the quiet was filled with a familiar voice.

"What are you doing?" Mapi called from behind me, stopping me dead in my tracks.

"Um, I woke up early so I went for a morning walk" I mumbled as turned in her direction.

She stood there with a smirk on her face as she looked me up and down.

"Like that?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in my direction.
"You've got no shoes on and I know who's hoodie that is" She laughed.

"Mapi..."

"You naughty girls" she joked, walking towards me and throwing her arm around my shoulder.
"Did you two have a good night?"

"We just slept Mapi... now I really need to go and get ready for breakfast" I explained, brushing off her arm before heading back towards my room.

"I can't believe the captain let you break the rules! She must reallyyyy love you" She teased before turning and heading down the hall towards the elevator.

Keep an eye out for the next few chapters... they're going to be exciting ones! 👀