Was it a dream?

Last night felt like a dream, everything that had happened was like something from my imagination. Walking hand in hand along the beach, the kiss, cuddling each other as the sun set and the car ride home... it felt too perfect.

The fact that I hadn't heard anything from Ale since she dropped me home made me seriously question whether any of it had actually happened. Had it really just been a dream?

As my taxi pulled into the training centre I found myself searching for Ale's Cupra in the car park, but her space was empty. She wasn't here. Where was she? and why hadn't I heard from her? My mind was beginning to spiral, but I was quickly interrupted by the sound of my driver's voice announcing that we had arrived.

Once I had paid him, I climbed out of the car and headed through the main entrance towards into the locker room. Looking around it was clear that I was the first one to arrive, the room was much tidier than normal and far too quiet for my liking. It didn't last long though as a few moments later the door swung open and Mapi and Ingrid walked in.

"Hey you two!" I greeted the pair.

"Oh hey Isa, you're here early" Ingrid smiled, heading towards her locker.

"Hola chica!" Mapi cheered from across the room, as she also headed towards her locker... which was next to mine. Why couldn't I escape her...

As soon as Mapi sat down next to me I could feel her eyes burning into the side of my face. I tried to avoid her eye contact by focusing on getting ready for my gym session, pulling on my trainers and tying the laces, but I knew it wouldn't be that easy. Once Mapi had started something she never let it go.

"Did you and Ale have a good night?" She asked with a suggestive tone in her voice.

I looked up at the defender who had a smirk plastered across her face.
"Um..." I mumbled, unsure how to answer that question.
"What do you mean?"

"I know that you left the game together Isa"

"How!? you left before us..." I blurted out, before suddenly realising that what I had said.

"So I was right...you did leave together!!" Mapi squealed, jumping up to her feet.

"We did" I mumbled.

I tried to get away from the situation by standing up and making my way to the door, but was quickly stopped by Mapi's hand gripping my wrist tightly.

"Where do you think you're going?! I need more details.." She pleaded.

"We had a nice evening" I said coyly while trying to pull out of her grip.

"I need more details Isabel!" Mapi laughed through gritted teeth, desperately trying to keep ahold of me.

"MAPI! let her go" Ingrid calls across the locker room causing her girlfriend to immediately step back and release her grip of my wrist. Now I know who the boss is in their relationship.

I quickly made my way out of the locker room and headed down the hall towards the gym. I normally hated gym work, but today I couldn't be more excited, because it meant that I was one step closer to getting back onto the pitch. The session mainly consisted of exercises to strengthen my ankle and some cardio to build my fitness levels back up. I worked as hard as I could throughout and was exhausted by the time I had finished.

After a quick check in with the physios I headed back to the locker room, which was now much louder than before. The sound of the music, laughter and people chatting filled the room. I walked through the door and straight to my locker, I thought I had gone unnoticed by the group, but that changed when I felt a hand press against the small of my back and a very familiar voice whisper in my ear.

Ale.

"Meet me in the car when you're done"

"Ok" I smiled turning my head towards her.

Before I could say anything else she had walked away and made her way out of the locker room saying goodbye to the team as she did.

"Adiós chicas!"

"See you later captain!"
"Adiós Ale"

I had a shower and got changed quicker than I ever had before. I couldn't wait to see Ale. As I threw the last few things into my bag I felt someone appear next to me, my immediate thought was that it was Mapi, but it was someone much taller... and quieter. The sound of a gentle Norwegian accent caused me to turn my head, and I found myself being greeted by a pair of emerald green eyes.

"I'm sorry about Mapi, she's just excited that you two might be sorting things out"

"I know, honestly don't worry about it!" I smiled, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

"So... are you? sorting things out I mean?" Ingrid asked in a whisper.

I tried to hide the smile on my face, but failed miserably.
"Yeah. I think we are"

"That's great Isa, I'm really happy for you. Both of you"

"Thanks Ing! Look, I really need to get going, but let's catch up properly soon yeah?"

"Yeah definitely" she smiled.

"See you later"

"Bye Isa"

I practically ran from the locker room, down the hall and out into the car park, slowing down as I approached Alexia's car not wanting to seem too desperate. As I walked towards the Cupra, Alexia looked up from her phone, her hazel eyes meeting mine and a beaming smile spread across her face. I quickly returned the smile and made my way towards the passenger door, opening it and climbing inside.

As soon as I had closed the door Alexia reached across and placed her hand on my knee, her hazel eyes staring directly into mine.

"I'm so sorry" she blurted out.

My heart stopped for a moment.

"I'm sorry I missed your call earlier and didn't answer your texts. I had an interview which I had completely forgotten about. I was running late and left my phone in the car... I didn't see any of your texts until I had finished. I'm sorry if I worried you"

My heart started beating again.

"I thought you had changed your mind... about us" I mumbled, still staring into those dark hazel orbs.

"Never. I will never change my mind when it comes to you. You are my mind, you're all I ever think about Isy, from the moment I wake up until the moment I fall asleep"

I place my hand on top of Alexia's and slowly lean closer into to her. My eyes flitting down to her lips before they make their way back up to her dark hazel eyes. Alexia takes the hint and quickly plants her lips onto mine, causing me to let out a breathe I don't know that I had been holding.

I was relieved that last night hadn't just been a dream and that Ale still felt the same. The last few hours of not hearing from her had caused more worry than I had realised, that all disappeared though with a simple kiss from Ale.

"Do you want to come back to mine?" She asked as she pulled away.

Alexia words caused a smirk to spread across my face, I hadn't expected her to be so forward.

She must have noticed my surprise as her cheeks suddenly turned a bright shade of red and she started rambling.

"Oh- I didn't mean it like that... I mean unless you want to. I just thought that I could cook us some dinner and we could watch a movie or something."

"That sounds great" I smiled, squeezing her hand tightly.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, but only if you cook my favourite..."

"Paella it is then"