Whole new chapter.

"4 years ago at this exact party I asked your dad if I could marry you"

"I know" I smiled, enjoying the warmth of my wife's embrace as she held me from behind. The pair of us stood at the side of the room watching on as our friends celebrated our 5th champions league trophy.
"And look where we are now... married with a beautiful baby boy. Did you ever think we'd get here? After everything that happened when I went to Manchester, did you think we'd be here right now?

"Always" Ale whispered into my ear.
"I knew from the moment we met that I was going to marry you, that you were the person I was going to have kids with and that we were going to grow old together"

"Really?" I smirked turning around in her embrace to face her.

"Did you not!?" Ale asked, holding her hand to her heart.

"No, I did" I smiled before rising onto my tip toes and placing my lips onto hers.
"I just love messing with you"

"I know you do"

"You're just so easy to tease" I giggled.

"Do you really want to talk about teasing? Because two can play at that game" Ale mumbled, her fingertips slipping under the waistband of my skirt as she held me by the waist.

"What did you say to my dad when you asked him?" I questioned, ignoring her actions and remaining focused on the topic of our conversation.

"That's a secret"

"Come on, we're already married. You can tell me"

"I don't know if I can, I told him something that nobody else knows... not even you"

"So my dad knows your deepest darkest secrets, but I don't?"

"Isy..."

"Tell meeee" I pleaded.

"Fine" she let out a sigh.
"Your ring..." Ale started, reaching for my left hand and holding it in hers, fiddling with the diamond on my finger as she continued.
"I brought it a week before you decided to go to Manchester"

"You were going to propose?"

"I was"

"If I'd have known I wouldn't have gone, I would have stayed..."

"This is why I didn't want to tell you. It really doesn't matter, we're married, we have Jordi, we're going to have another baby. Everything happens for a reason and we still made it"

"I love you"

"I love you too cariño"

"Will you two stop being cute and come and celebrate with us please!?" Mapi interrupted our moment, gripping both of our wrists and pulling us across the room to where the rest of the girls were dancing.

"Ok, ok. We're coming" Ale laughed at her best friend, her hand still gripping mine tightly as we got dragged across the room.
"I am not dancing though"

"Yes you are. This might have been our last game together and you are not leaving without a proper celebration"

"I'm not leaving Maps" Ale shouted over the music, pulling Mapi to a halt at the edge of the dance floor.