It's a possibility

Ona and I hadn't spoken in the last couple of days since the game, not for the lack of trying in my part. I'd called, texted and even dropped around to see if she would talk to me, but each time I got nothing. My calls were rejected, my texts were ignored and the door wasn't answered.

We were back at the training ground today, with only five days left until the champions league final the whole team were back on the pitch and I knew that it was my best chance to get through to her.

Ale and I dropped Jordi off at Eli's and drove to the training ground, pulling into the carpark behind Lucy's Cupra. I could see Ona singing and swinging her arms around in the passenger seat as Lucy turned her head and laughed at her.

"I know that you want to talk to her, but maybe give her a bit of space... let her come to you when she's ready" Ale spoke softly once she had parked the car, watching me as I watched Ona and Lucy head inside.

"I can't loose her"

"You won't"

"I feel like I already am..." I said solemnly as I unbuckled my seatbelt and climbed out of the car.

"Buenas días chicas!" Ale called out as we entered the locker room, greeted by every one except Ona, who remained focused on tying her laces. I tried to make eye contact with her, desperately searching for her hazel eyes, but was only met with Lucy's who sent me a cautious smile and mouthed good morning in my direction.

"Morning On" I tried, but as soon as the words left my lips she had gotten to her feet and left the locker room.

"She's being stubborn" Lucy sighed to me as she watched her girlfriend disappear from view.
"She's upset that you didn't tell her, but most of all she just misses you"

"I miss her too"

"I'll try and talk her round, but I can't promise anything. You know what she's like..."

"Thanks Luce" I forced a smile.

"I'm sorry about how I spoke to you after the game... I just hate seeing her upset"

"Don't be. I'm glad that she's got someone who'll fight her corner. You two are good together"

On the training pitch everything felt like normal, it always did with any inter-team drama. Any issues got put to the side while we had a ball at our feet, but the minute the whistle blew at the end of a session the awkwardness resumed.

"Ona can we just talk for a sec?" I asked as I caught up to her on our way back inside, but got no reaction from her whatsoever.

"Ona..."

Still nothing.

"I'm going to take Jordi and Nala to the park at about 2 o'clock, we'd love you to come"

"I miss you On, I know that I've messed up and I'm really sorry about how I've been treating you recently"

Once back in the locker room, Ale and I quickly showered and changed before going to Eli's to collect Jordi. We hated leaving him even more now than we did before the accident, we left it as late as we could to drop him off in the morning and left the training ground as quickly as we could so that we could spend the afternoon with him.

I started getting Jordi and Nala ready to go to the park not long after we arrived back at the house. I was buckling Nala into her harness when my phone pinged twice in quick succession. I pulled it out of my pocket to see two messages one from Lucy and one from Ona