Arguing.

I hadn't been around much over the last couple of weeks, I was back training with the team which meant my schedule had suddenly become much busier and I was home less than I had been since my injury. I knew Isy had been feeling it and was getting frustrated with my absence at this late stage of the pregnancy, that's why I'd practically begged Jonatan for the weekend off so I could spend the weekend at home looking after Isy and start getting things ready for the baby that would be arriving in only a few weeks.

I stopped to get Isy some flowers on the way home, picking up a bunch of sunflowers and a box of her favorite chocolates. The house was quiet when I arrived home, the downstairs was dark and Nala was nowhere to be seen, so I headed upstairs expecting to find Isy fast asleep in bed like she had been for the last few days, but today she wasn't. Instead, she was rummaging through the wardrobe, clearly looking for something.

"Hey you. How was your day?"

"Have you seen my green hoodie? the Nike one?" She asked bluntly, not turning around for even a second.

That was when I noticed the half-packed suitcase laid out on the bed

"Are you packing the hospital bag? We said that we'd do it together..."

"No, I'm going back home for the weekend."

"You're what?!"

"I'm going back to Seville for the weekend to see my parents, I need to get away for a bit" She said as she threw a few more things into the case from across the room, finally turning in my direction.

"No, you're not Isy. You're 8 months pregnant. You could go into labour any day now and I don't want to be hours away from you if you do..."

"Do you think I don't know that!?" She asked sarcastically, gesturing to her stomach
"You're never here anyway, so what difference would it make? I need to go Ale... I need someone to look after me for a change. I'm exhausted, my ankles are swollen and I can't sleep because the baby kicks all night. I just need my mum"

"Do you think I like being away from you so much, especially right now when you are nearly full-term carrying our baby? I wish I could be here with you all day every day, I wish I could be here to rub your ankles when they were sore, make you a hot water bottle when your back aches, and feel whenever the baby kicks, but I can't and I thought that you understood that it's not because I don't want to" I explained emotionally, slowly making my way across the room towards her.

"I'm sorry, but I just need my mum right now Ale" She mumbled, turning away from me to pack her prenatal vitamins.

"I really don't want you to fly across the country right now cariño," I said softly, taking the final few steps closer to her and placing my hand on her upper arm.

"I'm going Ale, I'm booked on the 8 pm flight, I just need to pack a few last things" she brushed my arm off and headed back towards the wardrobe.

"Ok..."

I knew that nothing I could say would change her mind, she'd decided, she was getting on that flight unless someone else could talk her out of it, so I called the only person that Isy would listen to. I knew it might not be the smartest decision, but I couldn't think of anything else to do in this situation.

"Hi Camila"
"Ale, is everything ok? Do we have a baby?!" She asked excitedly
"No, not yet. Did you know that Isy was planning on coming to see you this weekend?"
"What? No!? She shouldn't be travelling-"
"I know, I've tried to talk her out of it but she is dead-set on going, can you try and talk to her because she won't listen to me..."
"Put her on the phone, she can't travel across the country right now, and deep down she knows that..."