Arguments and conversations.

I stirred to the sound of Ale's gentle kisses on my forehead, her breath tickling against my skin as she did. I slowly opened my eyes, being greeted by the sight of Ale smiling at me. The sun shone through the gap in the curtains, casting a warm glow over our peaceful Sunday morning. Nala lay at our feet, snoring away.

As I basked in the warmth of Ale's embrace, my phone rang on the bedside table. I groaned at the interruption and reached over to decline the call, not looking at the screen to see who was calling. Ale gave me a quizzical look, but I shook my head and returned to her arms. I was determined to ignore the world outside and savor this moment with her. It wasn't often that we had a weekend off so I wanted to enjoy it as much as possible.

But the phone rang again, and this time I did check who was calling. It was a facetime from Ona. We hadn't spoken much since I had got back from visiting her, she had text me many times and tried calling but I hadn't got around to responding. I thought that it was because I had been busy with with rehab, training and moving into Ale's, but in reality I had just been scared to tell her. I knew that Ona wouldn't react well to the fact that I was back with Ale and that I was living with her again, but I couldn't ignore her forever. She was my best friend.

I reluctantly rolled out of bed and pulled on one of Alexia's t-shirts before heading to the door.

"Come back..." Ale moaned, sitting up slightly as she watched me walk away. The blanket slipping from her shoulder and exposing most of her chest.

"It's Ona... I'll be back. Don't move." I answered quickly before slipping out of the bedroom and heading downstairs.

I sat down on the sofa and ran my fingers through my hair, trying to make myself look presentable before answering.

"Ona... hey!" I greeted her cheerfully.

"Where have you been? I haven't heard from you for weeks, is everything ok?" She asked, the concern clear in her voice

I pause for a moment before answering, questioning whether I should tell her the whole truth or not.
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I've just been really busy, but you've got me now" I smiled.

I was busy catching up with Ona, when I heard Nala bouncing down the stairs and making her way towards her food bowl, which was empty. It was an hour past her usual breakfast time and she did not like to wait, she made her feelings clear by barking in my direction. Which of course did not escape Ona's attention.

"What was that?" she snapped.

Another bark.

"It's Nala isn't it..." she mumbled, sounded annoyed.

"...Ona, listen. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you. I-"

She quickly interrupted me.
"I can't believe that you have let her back in... She broke you Isy and you have just let her walk straight back into your life"

I knew that this would be her reaction, but it didn't make it any easier to hear. I hated how she was talking about Ale, she only knew one side of the story. Yes, Ale had hurt me, but I had forgiven her.

"Ona stop! I love her and I have forgiven her, that's all that matters. To be completely honest I don't know why you are so angry, it's got absolutely nothing to do with you!"

"Wow Isabel. I'm just worried about you getting hurt again, but I won't bother. Just don't come running back to me when she breaks your heart again"

Ona hung up the phone as soon as she had finished talking.

I immediately buried my head in my hands, trying to hold back the tears that were so desperate to escape. I took a few deep breaths to compose myself before getting up from the sofa to feed Nala and head back upstairs to rejoin Ale in bed.

Walking into the bedroom I was greeted by Alexia smiling up at me while pulling the blanket back so that I could join her, which of course I did.

I climbed into bed and cuddled up to Ale, trying to forget about the argument I had with Ona. But despite my attempts to hide my emotions, Ale could tell that I was upset. She moved a strand of hair away from my face and looked at me with concern in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" she asked softly while wiping a tear from under my eyes.

I hesitated for a moment before answering.
"It's nothing... I just had a bit of an argument with Ona" I half-explained before nestling my head into Ale's chest.

She stroked my hair and placed a kiss on top of my head before continuing the conversation.
"About what?" she asked quietly, clearly beginning to worry.

I didn't answer. I didn't want to have this conversation right now, so I tried to distract Ale in the only way I knew how.

Placing soft open mouthed kisses onto her neck, I rolled her over onto her back and climbed on top of her, my lips never leaving her skin. Her hands immediately went to my back, holding me close to her as she breathed heavily. I could tell that she was enjoying it, so I moved my attention from her neck, along her jawline and towards her bare chest, sucking on the skin gently as I did.

"Isy... wait" she moaned as she slowly pushed me away from her, breaking our contact.
"You're clearly upset. Please, just talk to me... what were you arguing about?"

I stared into her hazel eyes, not knowing what to say I tried to resume my previous activities by capturing her lips with mine, but she stopped me again. This time she moved me from her lap, so I was now lying on the bed next to her.

"Was it about me?" she asked vulnerably, her eyes starting to glaze over.

My lack of response was enough of an answer for her.

"She still hates me doesn't she?"

"No Ale, she doesn't hate you. She's just worried that you're going to hurt me again"

Ale slowly moved away from me, now lying on her back with her head resting on the pillow she let out a deep breath.
"I won't"

"I know you won't" I reassured her, lifting myself up slightly before resting my head on her chest.

We lay like that for a few moments, neither of us saying anything. Alexia rubbing her hand up and down my back as I listened to her heart beat through her chest.

"I love you Isy"

"I love you too"