Bubble

The Christmas break had absolutely flown by, we spent the day itself with Eli and Alba, having dinner together, exchanging gifts, and spending the night at the Putellas family home. We had spent the rest of our time off enjoying time together. Relaxing at home, taking Nala for strolls along the beach, grabbing coffee at our favorite cafes, and cuddling up together on the sofa every night. It was like a perfect little bubble, just Alexia, Nala, and I, the outside world had felt like it had disappeared for the last couple of weeks, but that was all ending tomorrow when we returned for the rest of the season.

I usually loved returning after the Christmas break, ready for the rest of the season to get underway, but this year felt different. I so desperately wanted to stay in our bubble, we had spent so much time apart and even though we're on the same team again, we just don't get much quality time together when the season is underway. Yes, we live together, play together, and travel together, but we don't have much time off together during the season. We have training most days, games every weekend, champions league games midweek and we travel to away games every other week... we are always busy and when we do actually get a day off we're too exhausted to do anything. The last couple of weeks off have finally given us a chance to stop and enjoy being with each other again and I loved every second of it... I didn't want to go back to training... I didn't want to go back to our busy schedule. I just wanted to stay at home with Ale.

We had decided to spend our last day off together for a while at home, making the most of each other's company. We had spent the morning lazily lying in bed, arms wrapped around each other and lips pressing gentle kisses on each other's warm skin. We ordered in brunch from our favorite cafe, finally climbing out of bed at around midday.

We spent the rest of the day catching up on things that we had ignored over the break, laundry, checking our emails, looking at the schedule of upcoming matches, sorting the house and getting our kit organised for training the following day.

We were cuddled up on the sofa for the evening, watching tv with Nala curled up on my lap when I finally decided to bring up the topic that had been on my mind for the last few days. My now empty apartment had been in the back of my mind for a while. Pretty much since the moment I moved into Ale's, I had been contemplating what to do with it, but the last couple of weeks being with Ale almost 24/7 had helped me make up my mind.

"I was thinking... " I mumbled into her shoulder while stroking her forearm with my fingertips.

"Yeah," She hummed, as she drew her attention away from the television and placed a soft kiss on the top of my head.

"I want to sell my apartment" I quickly blurted out, my heart beating out of my chest as I waited for any kind of response from Ale. A few moments of silence passed and there was still no answer.

"What do you think?" I asked, hoping for some sort of reassurance from her.

"Well, if that's what you want to do then"

"If that's what I want to do?" I interrupted her, my body language and tone clearly showing my emotions. I was hurt, I had hoped that she would be on the same page about this, but clearly, I was wrong. The bubble had well and truly popped.

"I mean, it's your home... I don't want you to rush into anything and regret it later on"

"Wow Ale"  I mumbled as I shifted away from her, the tears that had pooled in my eyes threatening to fall as I brought myself back to my feet and walked towards the hallway.

"Isy..." Ale called out as she followed me into the hall, stopping as soon as she saw me pulling my shoes onto my feet.

"Where are you going?" She asked as her eyes started directly into mine.