The interview.

Isy's POV

The sun was flooding in through the curtains when I woke up, Nala was no longer beside me and the quiet house that I had fallen asleep in was now filled with with the sound of Jordi's cute little giggle echoing up the stairs.

I smiled at the sound of our son, picturing Ale tickling him as they sat on the floor playing with his toys or pulling funy faces at him as she fed him his breakfast like she did every morning. I felt much better having had a good nights sleep, yesterdays sickness bug had passed and only a mild headache remained. Having the day at home on my own to rest had really helped, but I had missed Jordi so much.

I rolled over to check the time on my phone, 10:38am, this was the latest that I'd slept since Jordi was born and I felt so good for it, I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs to find Ale buckling Jordi into his pushchair by the front door.

"Oh, you're up" She smiled at me as I reached the bottom of the stairs.
"Sorry if we woke you, apparently putting socks on is the funniest thing in the world" she joked as she smiled down at Jordi.

"It tickles his toes, doesn't it little man?" I explained as I leant down and kissed the top of Jordi's head.
"Are you going out?"

"We were just going to take Nala for a walk so that you could sleep for a bit longer, but we don't have to?"

"No, you go ahead, Nala's excited and I don't think she'll forgive you if you change your mind"

"Do you want to come?" Ale asked, the tone of her voice telling me that she was nervous about the answer I was going to give.

"I'm not dressed, and I could really do with taking a shower" I gestured down to the t-shirt and shorts that I was wearing, realizing that I had put on one of Ale's old jersey's last night in my sleepy state, causing my cheeks to immediately flush with embarrassment.

The smile on Ale's face looked more like a smirk now as she looked down at the number 11 printed on my chest before returning her eyes to mine.

"Ok" She spoke softly as her hazel eyes locked into mine for what felt like forever, before she realised that she had been staring and quickly looked away.
"We won't be too long, and then I really need to speak to you about something when I get back"

Ale, Jordi and Nala eventually left to go to the park, leaving me in the house on my own. I cleared up the remains of what looked like pancakes and tidied Jordi's toys away before heading upstairs and jumping in the shower. I couldn't stop thinking about the way Ale looked at me downstairs, the way her eyes glistened as she looked at me, the way she smiled at me as I came downstairs... it felt like it used to. The butterflies in my stomach were back, my heart was telling me to let her back in, but my head was telling me something else. I had missed her, but I still had doubts about what had really happened during the world cup and why she distanced herself from us if there was nothing going on with Jenni.

I was blow-drying my hair when my phone lit up on the bed beside me, it was a text from Ona, I'd expected it to be her checking in on how I was doing, but it turned out to be something completely different. Something that I hadn't expected at all.

Ona

Did you know she was doing this?

Who's doing what? Xx

I'll take that as a no...