Weekend away.

I had forgotten what it felt like to travel without Jordi in tow, every flight that I had taken in the last year had been with him. When he was tiny it was easy because he would just eat and sleep on my chest, but as he got older and more mobile, traveling became a lot harder. He was a very active little boy and sitting still for more than ten minutes was his idea of a nightmare, even before he could crawl he would cry if Ale and I sat with him in our arms for too long. So today everything felt relaxing. Jordi was at home with my parents for the weekend and Ale was taking me to Amsterdam for two nights.

"Champagne?" The air stewardess asked once we had settled into our seats on the plane, a cheerful smile on her face as she stood in the aisle holding a tray of drinks.

"Could we have two orange juices please?" Ale quicky answered, as she reached across and took my hand into her.

"Of course, I'll be right back with those"

"You could have had a champagne" I reassured her.

"Isy...cariño. I know that I can have a drink if I want one, but I don't. I want to have what you're having"

"Ok" I smiled, squeezing her hand and momentarily resting my head on her shoulder.

"Here you are" the stewardess said as she arrived beside us holding two flutes of fresh orange juice.

Ale took the two glasses from her, thanking her as she did before passing one to me with a smile.

"Cheers to being child free for the next 48 hours" she giggled as she raised her glass towards me and clinked her glass against mine.

"And the amazing uninterrupted sex we are going to have" she continued, leaning in and whispering into my ear this time as her free hand came to rest on my thigh.

"Ale..."

"No one can hear me cariño, anyway, I don't care if they do. I can't wait to have you all to myself. Jordi always seems to wake up the moment that I get my head between your-"

"Stop"

"You won't be saying that later" she smirked over the rim of her glass as she took a sip of her drink.

I don't know why I was surprised when we arrived at our Hotel for the weekend. Ale had booked us into a suite in a hotel on the canals of Amsterdam. It was huge. A king size bed filled the bedroom, a roll top bath sat in the middle of the bathroom and a sofa and armchair sat in the cosy living area. Ale has always spoiled me on our trips away ever since we first started dating all of those years ago.

Our first weekend break was to Paris, she booked us into a 5-star hotel with a view of the Eiffel Tower and even after talking about what we wanted to do whilst we were there for weeks we spent most of the three days together in bed.

Our last weekend away together was before Jordi was born, I was seven and a half months pregnant, six weeks away from giving birth and fed up. My ankles were swollen, I got out of breath from just standing up and leaving the house was the last thing on my mind. I was scared, excited and obsessively nesting throughout the whole house.

"I've got too much to do" I brushed Ale off as she brought up the topic of a weekend away.

"There is nothing left to do cariño"

"We're having a baby next month Ale..."

"The hospital bags are packed and ready, you've washed, folded and put away all of the baby's clothes, the nursery is ready, we've made plans for mama to look after Nala whilst we are in the hospital. Everything is ready"