The journey.

Alexia's POV

"I'll just run in and get Nala, I'll be right back" I said, before climbing out of the car, closing the door gently behind me

As I began walking towards the front door of my mother's house, all I could think about was the times that Isy and I had walked down this very same path.

The first time we came here together was so that Isy could finally meet my mum, she had met Alba on many occasions before, but never my mother. As we walked down the path towards the door, Isy held onto my hand tighter than she ever had, is was cute how nervous she was. I was nervous too, but not for the two of them to meet, I knew that they would get on like a house on fire. I was nervous about what my mum would say in front of Isy, I had spent months talking to her  about how amazing Isy was and how much I loved spending time with her and I knew that my mum was likely to say something to embarrass me.

I was lost in my thoughts reminiscing when my mum answered the door, quickly snapping me back to reality.

"Hola Ale!" She greeted me cheerily.

"Hola Mamá" I smiled.

"Come in! You can tell me all about the game..." My mother said, stepping to the side to invite me in.

"Oh- I can't, I just came to get Nala. I really need to get going" I rambled.

I would normally accept my mothers invitation, visiting her after an away game was something I had done for years, but I couldn't today. Isy was waiting for me.

"You always come in after a game" she mumbled, the sadness clear in her voice

"I'm sorry Mamá, but I really can't tonight"

I could tell that she was upset, and I hated it. I wanted to tell her why, I wanted to tell her that Isy was sat in my car waiting for me, but I couldn't.

"I'll just go and get Nala then" She said, turning to head back inside to retrieve the small dog.

Isabel's POV

Once Alexia had left the car to go and collect Nala, I pulled my phone out of my pocket, checking it for the first time since getting off the flight.

I had a lot of messages from friends and family, congratulating me on my return and asking how my ankle was having seen me leave the pitch injured, but there was one name that I knew I had to reply to first.

Ona

I've just watched the game, you ok?
What have they said??
I'm worried Is... please reply when you can xx

Sorry On, I've barely had a chance to look at my phone. I'm alright, should be back on the pitch in a few weeks. It just sucks that it has happened now. Xx

Yeah, I know. A few weeks isn't too bad though, you'll be back before you know it! Xx

Just as I was about to start typing my next message, there was a loud knock on the passenger door window, causing me to jump.

It was Alba.

The younger Putellas sister was smiling at me through the window, gesturing with her hand for me to wind down the window.

Almost as soon as I had opened the window, Alba leant down and poked her head through the gap.

"Isa! what are you doing here?" She asked excitedly.