Noticed.

Eli's POV.

I could tell that Isabel was struggling, her mental health had taken a dive since we arrived in Australia for the tournament, at the beginning I thought that it was because of the lack of sleep and Jordi going through a difficult phase, but it didn't get better even after she and Jordi had both dealt with the jet lag. She would put on a show around Ale, pretending that she was having a great time and that she was happy to be here, but when we were back at the apartment it was completely different. She would disappear into her room to put Jordi to bed most nights as early as 7 pm and not resurface again until the next morning, she didn't have the same spark she normally had. She put all of her attention on Jordi, the only time she looked happy was when we got to spend time with Ale after the games, and even that didn't look genuine.

I had tried to get her out of the apartment many times, suggesting we take Jordi to the zoo or go out for lunch, but each time she said no, making up an excuse about him having a temperature or that he needed a nap. I was worried about her, and that worry became much worse on the night of the quarter-final against the Netherlands. Jordi had not slept well the night before and was unsettled most of the day, we arrived at the game and it was obvious that she was on the edge.

The game went by and she was managing fine, Jordi had become accustomed to coming to the matches and he settled quite well in the carrier. He ended up sleeping through most of the game and I could tell that Isy we relieved, but after the final whistle, things changed. Initially, she was over the moon about the result, happy and proud that they had made the semi-final and desperately wanting Ale to come over like she had after every game, but she didn't come straight over. She went to Jenni and stayed with her for what felt like a long time. The pair of them sitting together on the bench, laughing and crying with their arms wrapped around one another as they took in the win. It tipped Isabel over the edge, she got up from her seat, tears threatening in her eyes, making up an excuse that Jordi was crying and he needed changing, but he wasn't crying, he was still fast asleep.

Ale eventually came over, her eyes darting around looking for them with a questioning look on her face.
"Where's Isy?" she asked, as she arrived at the edge of the pitch by where we were sitting.

"She's gone to change Jordi"

"Oh- ok," she answered quickly, before turning the subject of the conversation back to the game.

Ale had already gone down the tunnel when Isy finally reappeared with evidence that she had been crying written all over her face. Red eyes, smudged mascara, and puffy cheeks giving her feelings away.

"Is everything okay?" I asked carefully.

"Yeah, um- I'm not feeling great, so I think I'm going to head back to the apartment," She said quietly, avoiding eye contact with me as she unbuckled the carrier and took Jordi into her arms.

"Can you take him to see Ale for me?" she asked, holding him out towards me.

"Of course, are you sure that you don't want to come? She was asking for you two when she came over"

"I'm sure" she faked a smile, before turning her attention to JJ
"Have fun with Mama, I'll see you later my little love" She said, kissing him on the cheek before turning towards the exit.

"You can talk to me Isabel, I hope that you know that," I said, reaching for her hand to stop her for a moment.

"I'll see you later Eli, thank you for taking him, I really appreciate it. Tell Ale I'm sorry" She mumbled, before quickly making her exit.

I fed Jordi and made sure that he was settled before we headed up to the player's lounge, it was busy when we arrived, packed with the team and their families, cheerfully celebrating the win. Ale was standing in the corner of the room chatting with some of the younger players, when she noticed us looking for her and she quickly made her way over. Her face lit up when she saw Jordi, but her expression quickly changed into confusion when she saw me carrying him, her eyes immediately searching the room for Isabel, before turning her attention to her little boy, taking him into her arms and kissing him over and over again all over his face making him giggle.