Indescribable love.

Isy's POV

I woke up just after 3 am, which wasn't unusual now, the added pressure on my bladder and the baby kicking all night meant for a pretty disturbed sleep schedule. This particular waking felt different though, I wasn't desperate for the bathroom and the baby wasn't kicking me in the ribs, it just felt like pressure, a lot of pressure, and every part of me ached. I slowly unwrapped myself from Ale's arms before pulling back the sheets and getting to my feet to make my way towards the bathroom, but before I could reach the bathroom the pressure suddenly relieved.

My waters had broken.

Nala looked at me from the foot of the bed where she had been curled up sleeping, her puppy dog eyes staring up at me with a questioning look on her face as she tilted her head to the side slightly.

"It's ok Nala bear" I tried to reassure her as much I as myself, still in disbelief about what had just happened, and that this baby was one step closer to finally being in our arms.

"Ale" I called quietly to my sleeping wife, trying to wake her as quickly as possible without startling her
"Ale, wake up..." I tried again, this time shaking her foot slightly.

"Mhmmm" she stirred, rolling over slightly and burying her face back into the pillow, she'd always been a deep sleeper so I wasn't surprised by her reluctance to wake up at this early hour, but I needed her.

"Alexia, you need to wake up," I said with more urgency this time, standing by her side of the bed, still wearing my soaked pajama shorts.

"What's the matter?" She mumbled, lifting her head slightly and looking towards me sleepily. Her hair was a mess, and her face was puffy, but she still looked perfect in my eyes.

"My waters have just broken" I whispered softly.

"Oh my god, are you ok?!" She asked, shooting up from the bed, the panic clear on her face.

"Yeah, I feel fine. I just don't know what to do... I haven't really had any contractions, so do we need to go to the hospital yet? Or can we stay here for a bit?"

"I have no idea" Ale laughs slightly as she rubs the sleep out of her eyes.

"Me neither" I laughed back.

"Um- I'll call Mama, she'll know what to do... she's done this twice before," Ale said, picking up her phone from the bedside table and loading up Eli's contact.

"It's 3 am Ale... we can't call her now"

"We can, she won't mind, especially as we could be having a baby today..." She smiled in my direction bringing the phone up to her ear.

Eli picked up after only a few rings, the sleepyness in her voice was quickly replaced by excitement at the thought of becoming an Abuela soon. She recommended that we stay in the comfort of our own home until the contractions started as it could be hours until anything happened and of course we listened to her advice...we always did.

I had a shower, got cleaned up, and climbed back into bed wanting to get some more sleep while I still could. Ale tried to join me, but only managed to stay in bed for a few minutes before she was up and pacing around the house. It was clear that she was nervous, she tried to be quiet and let me get some rest, but I could still hear her footsteps pattering on the wooden floors of the house.

"Ale, come here a sec" I called out as she rushed past the bedroom door.

"What is it? Are you ok?" She asked, dropping what she was carrying and rushing to my side.

"I'm fine, what are you doing?" I asked, laughing slightly at her flustered look.

"I'm packing the car, the car seat is in and I'm just getting the hospital bags ready..."