Lets go.

"It's looking really good, I would say that you'll be back in training in about a week" Luisa said as she moved my ankle back and forth.

"That's great" I smiled, sliding my nike trainer back on.

"How is it feeling? any pain?"

"No, it feels really good. I just want to be back on the pitch now"

"It won't be long now, we just need to do a bit of rehab in the gym to get the strength back" Luisa explained.

As she finished talking the medical room door swung open and Alexia appeared. She was dressed in loose jeans and a team hoodie, her hair still wet from showering and her kitbag slung over her shoulder.

"Hola capitana!" Luisa cheered as Ale entered the room.

"Hola Luisa, how is she doing?" Ale asked, her hazel eyes glancing in my direction.

"She's looking good, you'll have her back in no time!"

"That's great!" Alexia smiled at me from across the room, her eyes never leaving mine.

"Can I help you with anything Alexia? do you need any treatment?" Luisa asked with a concerned tone in her voice clearly wondering why Ale had suddenly appeared in the medical room.

Ale quickly drew her eyes away from mine before answering the physio.
"Oh no! I'm fine, I just came to check on Isabel. We need her back asap"

It felt weird hearing Ale call me Isabel, I hadn't been Isabel to her in over 5 years...except from when we were arguing. I knew that she was only doing it so that Luisa didn't suspect anything, but I didn't like it. I didn't like her calling me by my full name. I was Isy. Her Isy.

After chatting with Luisa for a while we left her to get on with packing up her supplies. As we left the medical room and walked out into the hallway, we were greeted by Mapi who had just left the locker room, staring at us with a shocked look on her face.

"What were you two doing in there?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively.
"Did you actually take my advice Ale? I'm surprised..."

I turned my head to look at Alexia who was blushing once again, just like she had out on the pitch. Mapi was clearly teasing her about something, but I didn't know what. I really wanted to find out though as whatever it was was obviously affecting her.

"I was getting my ankle checked over" I answered, before turning back to look at Mapi.
"Anyway... what advice?" I questioned Mapi, desperate to find out more.

"Oh, I just told Ale tha-" Mapi began, but was quickly interrupted by Alexia.

"It was nothing, was it Mapi?!" Alexia warned through gritted teeth.

Mapi let out a loud laugh before she began to walk down the hallway towards the stadium exit, calling out as she did.
"Just do it Ale!"

"I hate her..." Alexia mumbled.

"No you don't..."

Mapi and Ale had been best friends for years and even though Alexia sometimes complained about how annoying Mapi could be, I knew that their friendship was really important to her, even if she would never admit it herself.

Alexia didn't let many people in, she has always been a private person especially with the media interest that she had gained over the last few years. Eli, Alba, Mapi and I are the only people that really know the real Alexia.  The sensitive, kind, caring, cheeky and passionate Alexia who would do anything for the people she loves.

"So, what are you doing now?" I asked Ale, quickly changing the subject to take her mind off Mapi.

"I'm going to pick up Nala and take her for walk on the beach before I go home"

"...d-do you want to join me?" She mumbled nervously.

"I would love to" I smiled, excited about the opportunity to spend some time with Ale, knowing that it would be the perfect opportunity to tell her how I was feeling.

"Let's go then" Alexia said as she began to make her way towards the car.

We soon arrived at Eli's house. Once Alexia had parked the car and switched off the engine, she turned to look at me, her eyes telling me that there was something she wanted to say.

"Are you ok?" I asked gently, placing my hand on her knee.

"Um... yeah. Do you want to stay here? Or come and say hi?"

"Would she be ok with me coming in? I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable..."

"You could never make anyone uncomfortable Isy. Anyway, she already knows that your here"

"How?!" I asked nervously.

Alexia quickly gestured towards the house, where Eli is stood looking at us through the kitchen window, waving excitedly when she see's us looking back at her.

"She's adorable"

"She's embarrassing..." Ale groaned.

I quickly opened the passenger door and made my way towards the house, Alexia following closely behind. As we reached the front of the house the door swung open and Eli appeared in the doorway.

"Isa, It's so good to see you!" She smiled holding her arms out, inviting me into a hug.

"It's good to see you too Eli!"
I replied while walking into her warm embrace.

As I wrapped my arms tightly around her back, reciprocating the hug she whispered into my ear.
"She's so happy that you're back... and I am too."

Once we had released our grips on each other Eli turned to Ale.
"Are you coming in? Or do you need to go?" She asked quietly.

"Um... we were going to go and take Nala to the beach" Ale replied, unsure of what answer to give her mother.

"We've got time to come in for a coffee though... haven't we?" I  answered, smiling at Ale to let her know that I was ok with going inside.

"Great!" Eli cheered as she held the door open for us both to come inside.

Eli quickly went into the kitchen to prepare the coffee for us all, leaving Ale and I alone in the hallway.

"We don't need to stay long..."
She tried to reassure me, but in a way was reassuring herself.

"Ok" I smiled.
"What's the matter Ale? You look nervous?"

"It's just that she can be so embarrassing and I wasn't planning on coming inside... I-I-" she mumbled the last part of the sentence nervously.

"You what Ale?" I smirked at how flustered she was.

"I wanted to go to the beach and spend some time with you... alone. Without my mother" She said, her hazel eyes staring into mine.

Straight to the point.

"I want that too Ale... and we will. Let's just sit and have a coffee with your mum and we can go. Ok?" I spoke quietly, taking a step closer and reaching for her hand, taking it in mine and drawing circles on the back of it with my thumb.

"O-ok"