Insecurities and suspicions

Jordi and I had finally started to settle into life in Australia, he adjusted to the time difference and was sleeping more which meant that looking after him became a lot easier. We weren't stuck in the apartment all day whilst he napped, so we could do more things to keep us busy, we went down to the beach every morning to watch the sunrise before coming back to the apartment to have breakfast with Eli and Alba, and in the afternoon we would play in the pool, which had become his new favorite thing, or we would go and meet up with Ale if she had time off, but that wasn't very often now we had gotten further into the tournament.

Things with Jordi had become easier, but things with Ale had only become harder. She was busier than I had expected her to be, which meant that we saw her less and less as the tournament went on. I was starting to feel that we had been forgotten about and that feeling only grew when she started to miss the scheduled evening Facetime calls that we had agreed to before the tournament had even started. Bed and bathtime was something that Ale said she was going to miss the most so we agreed to make time every night for a call so that she could still be a part of that routine.

Ale 🥰👩‍👩‍👦

It's bath time soon, are you around for a call? xx

I'll wait for a bit, he's got so used to playing in the pool that he splashes around so much now and I really want to show you, he's like a little dolphin xx

Missed Facetime call from Isy 

I guess you're busy, so I'm going to go ahead, but I'll try you again at storytime xx

We miss you xx

Missed Facetime call from Isy

He's asleep xx
*picture of Jordi sleeping in his crib*

I'm going to bed now too, it's been a long day. Talk tomorrow

Shit, I'm so sorry carino, I got distracted at dinner and completely lost track of time xx
I'll call in the morning before training xx

She didn't call in the morning, she did Facetime the following evening though, at dinner surrounded by her teammates, not exactly what I had been expecting. Mapi and Ona seemed more interested in talking to us than Ale did... she was distracted by someone else who sat just off camera and I could tell who it was just by their voice.

"I'm going to go Ale" I called out to her on the call, trying to get her attention, her face eventually turning back to the phone that was in Ona's hands.

"Oh ok" She said, taking the phone as Ona passed it to her.
"N-night little man, sleep well for Mami, Mama loves you lots" She blew a kiss and waved at the camera.

Jenni had been a big part of why things between Alexia and me had become harder. The Spanish media coverage throughout the tournament had been focused on Ale and Jenni, the ex-Barcelona teammates (and exes) were two of the most popular on the team, and photos of the pair were plastered all over the newspapers and online articles. It wasn't just the media who had been focused on them, the fans had noticed how close they had grown over the last few weeks, posting pictures of them all over social media. They always seemed to be together, paired up during training, attached at the hip in camp, and by each other's side before and after the matches.

It was something that had started bothering me more and more as the tournament went on, as their sudden closeness was coinciding with Ale missing our calls and becoming more distant. Jenni had always been my biggest insecurity when it came to Ale and I's relationship and it turns out that didn't disappear once we got married or even when we had a child together.

Spain through to the World Cup Quarter-final

(Photo) Barcelona captain Alexia Putellas and former-Blaugrana Jenni Hermoso celebrate together after the final whistle of their round of 16 clash against Switzerland

An Aitana Bonmati-inspired Spain beat Switzerland 5-1 on Saturday to secure the nation's place in the FIFA Women's World Cup™ quarter-finals for the first time. The midfield maestro scored twice, with Alba Redondo, Laia Codina and Jennifer Hermoso also on target in a dominant display.

 The midfield maestro scored twice, with Alba Redondo, Laia Codina and Jennifer Hermoso also on target in a dominant display

Liked by la

Liked by la.reina.fan11 and 12,722 others
putellasfan11 I've missed seeing these two play together, they certainly seem close again don't they? 👀

alexia11fan It's like they have never been apart, their link-up is crazy!
barcafemfan511 I feel for Isabel, she has to sit in the stands with their baby son and watch her wife all over her ex
> username252 Surely they are just friends?! Ale and Isa are endgame and they have only just become parents...
> jenniputellas10 I always thought that Ale and Jenni would end up together again, maybe la reina has finally realized who she's meant to be with...
barcagirl83 People seriously need to stop speculating, there is a marriage and baby involved in this. Alexia and Jenni are just teammates who are celebrating winning games in a World Cup... you all need to get a grip!
> putella5_reina They look like a little bit more than just teammates to me 👀
> username674 Same here, Isa and Ale never celebrate like this after winning a game, there is clearly something going on. I just hope Isabel is ok.