sc, vi. beyond marriage

Instagram

karmidump

Liked by ylianne, yvolio, karmina, yvesmiranda and 19,627 otherskarmidump it’s my last day in amsterdam

karmidump it’s my last day in amsterdam. i would’ve highlight everything i’ve done on my trip until kuya yves sent me a pic of my wife, busy pouring hot water in cup noodles she likes earlier before they start their saturday movie marathon bond with kuya lio. update picture lang naman siya for me, but i couldn’t help to remember the day she proposed to me because of the setting. i always remember that day when i see kitchens.

that day was chaotic. i was stressed, still high from meds, and starting an argument with lia while making lunch in the kitchen. ang seryoso ko no’n tapos nag-iinit na ang buong mukha’t pati tenga ko sa inis, but lia remained calm while trying to go against me and trying not to smile. naguguluhan na ako, naghalo na ‘yung inis at confusion dahil mukhang nag-eenjoy pa siya sa nangyayari. i kept on ranting to her then she suddenly asked, “karmi, gusto kita pakasalan. ikaw ba, gusto mo?”

of all moments, of all places, she literally chose to propose in the middle of an argument. nawala agad sa isip ko ‘yung argument namin. all i could say was, “why?” then she simply answered, “so i could get to argue with you like this forever.” i got even more confused after that and started crying while serving the food on our plates. i was speechless so we remained silent about it for few days.

i had a bad day at work and almost got admitted to the hospital because of anxiety but i told her not to. she couldn’t stop caressing my back while hugging her tight and trying to do the 4-7-8 breathing method inside of our car. she kept on telling me not to cry kasi mas mahihirapan ako huminga. she kept whispering to my ears the words: i love you and i’m doing well. all i could think about at that moment was, would she still marry me? it didn’t help me to calm down so i set the thought aside and asked her that before we go to sleep.

“would you still marry me?”

“i would. if marriage means i have to caress your back and do the 4-7-8 breathing method every time you’re experiencing anxiety, then yes.”

“it gets worse than that, lia.”

“and i will always stay by your side. kahit hindi mo ako pakasalan, lagi pa rin kitang tatabihan.”

“so marriage isn’t necessary?”

“as long as you’re happy. marriage is beyond my concern about us, karmi.”

then the next few months, iba ang bookmark na nakaipit sa librong binabasa ko no’n. it was a red string with a ring band. up until now i don’t know how or when you did it, but i didn’t think twice of wearing it. hinding hindi ko makakalimutan ‘yong ngiti mo no’ng napansin mong suot ko ang singsing habang kumakain tayo.

it’s nice to have marriage as assurance, but it’s nicer to know our connection is something that marriage could never control.

uwing uwi na tuloy ako. goodnight and can’t wait to see you, lia ko!