Happy International Women's Day!

Hey guys! Or should I say 'Hey Girls!' Because today is International Women's Day! Step aside boys, I'll take it frome here! International Women's Day is a global holiday celebrated annually on March 8 as a focal point in the women's rights movement, bringing attention to issues such as gender equality, reproductive rights, and violence and abuse against women. That's what's it's about. Civil awareness day; Women and girls day; Anti-sexism day; Anti-Discrimination Day. That's it's significance. International Women's Day is an important global day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements and contributions of women. That's it's importance. We salute the outstanding achievements of women today across the world. Here's to progress, equality, and supporting one another. Happy International Women's Day to all the women who have challenged gender norms, broken down barriers, and created opportunities for the next wave of leaders. That's it's message. Yay! Woo-hoo! Go girls! Girl power! While we're on the topic, I wanna say something. This is what they say in the trivia for The Lego Movie 2:The Second Part: The movie addresses one of the main criticisms of The Lego Movie (2014), i.e. the fact that even though Wyldstyle (aka Lucy) was the tougher and smarter character and did most of the work, Emmet, the "hapless male", was regarded as the hero.

 [Emmet] Wait a minute.When everyone became the Special, didn't we all become leaders?MAYHEM: No offense, I sense no leadership qualities from you.[We see her helmet scanning Emmet and developing a personality profile about him.]MAYHEM (CONT'D): My readout confirms you to be soft, fragile, and a less than worthy opponent.LUCY: Hey! You watch what you say about Emmet.He saved the universe a few years back.MAYHEM: This guy was a fierce warrior?LUCY: Okay, well, technically I did the warrior stuff, but...MAYHEM: So, you fought and masterbuilt, and kicked butt, and then the hapless male was the LEADER?LUCY: Um, well, you know, he was a symbol for... That we all have ideas and...MAYHEM: - But YOU did all the work.LUCY: - Whoa... Hey! Emmet is the sweetest, most optimistic guy you could ever meet. And I know those qualities are not useful anymore, and that Emmet isn't changing with the times, and lacks a killer instinct, and in general, just isn't tough enough.EMMET: Not tough enough?LUCY: Yeah.[she grabs Emmet with her arm]LUCY (CONT'D) But this guy is the Special. Well, at least he WAS

Lucy, you're my favorite character, which is why I hate to say this but that was kinda rude. Than again, maybe she's not good with relationships. Maybe she had an bad, unloving and abusive relationship with her family in the past. Maybe. Possibly. We don't know much about her birth family story. Anyway! Here are one of the things that an article 'What Only Adults Seem To Notice In The Lego Movie' says about The Lego Movie. 

It's pretty unfair — not to mention sexist — that Wyldstyle isn't the Special in The LEGO Movie

LEGOs are theoretically for kids of all ages, but "The LEGO Movie" seems to have been created primarily for boys. Most of the characters are male, after all, and while we do get some pretty cool and fierce female characters, like Wyldstyle, the patriarchy is very much in full swing here.

It's incredibly frustrating that Emmet, an average and unexceptional man, is deemed the Special who has the power to save the universe. Why couldn't Wyldstyle have been the Special? She's a trained warrior, a Master Builder, and an all-around boss. Even more galling is that we later find out that the Special is completely made up, so there was nothing stopping Vitruvius, the person who came up with the false prophecy of the Special, from declaring Wyldstyle as the person fated to save the universe.

Although "The LEGO Movie" carries an important message about believing in yourself and the truth that anyone can make a difference, it also sidelines its few female characters.

That could be one example of the main criticism that I talked about earlier. I don't know if I agree with this but, I wanna say something. When Emmet said 'You are the most talented, most interesting, and most extraordinary person in the universe. And you are cable of amazing things. Because you are the special.' He was facing the camera so he was saying it to us! We're all the specials! Sure, the prophecy is made up, but it's also true. And sure, Wyldstyle/Lucy didn't become 'The Special' BUT! But! But, Emmet thinks SHE'S special! She's special to HIM! She's HIS special! And vice versa!...I think that's all I have to say. Happy International Women's Day everyone! Especially you girls! We've got girl power and there really ain't no stopping it! When the girls stick together, our power only increases! Girls are the best! Girls rock! Go girls! Girl power! Woo-hoo! Yay! Welp! Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!