Random Stuff

Jesse and Reuben both die during their battle with the Witherstorm.

A memorial is built for them. It's made out of Polished Andesite, Polished Diorite, and Quartz blocks. It has a layered roof and fire canopy. Flowers are around the memorial. It has a banner of both Jesse and Reuben. Below the banner is a plaque that reads:

"Jesse And Reuben"

"Our Heroes"

"Best Friends Forever"

A smaller memorial is built for both of them in The Order Hall. It has a banner of Jesse and above it is the framed flint and steel, bow, and empty potion bottle she dropped upon death and it has two brown flower pots with daises. It has a banner of Reuben and above it is the framed porkchop he dropped upon death. It also has two brown flower pots with daises. 

Lukas gives the speech.

Lukas:"But at the end of the day, you know what REALLY mattered?"

Lukas:"My heroes, Jesse and Reuben."

The crowd turns to look at Jesse and Reuben's memorial.

Lukas:"They may have seemed like just a girl and a pig to most people, but they were so much more. And at the end of the day, they saved us all. FOR JESSE AND REUBEN!"

The crowd cheers.

Jesse and Reuben will be remembered...

When Lukas was talking about Jesse and Reuben, Otis had a saddened expression, having some remorse for trying to butcher Jesse's pig.

-------------

Back in the day, when the team believed that they were making a third season, one of the versions proposed by Eric for Season 3 involved the introduction of Reuben from an alternate timeline, one in which Jesse died defeating the Witherstorm, and Reuben had lived.

Oh! And last question, were there any plans that Ruben would coming back?

I really wanted to bring Reuben back at the end of season 2, but I got too much push-back from marketing and publishing who thought that killing Reuben was our "Old Yeller" moment and that bringing him back would ruin it. I'm on-record as really disagreeing with the decision of killing Reuben and think that it was the biggest mistake made on the series so I have.. a lot of complex feelings about the matter, ha.

Back in the day when we thought we were making a third season, one of the versions of Season 3 that I pitched involved Reuben from an alternate timeline showing up - In his timeline, Jesse had died and the Witherstorm won, so he was this battle-hardened little pig and it was both adorable and sad.

Me:"It was probably going to go like this."

Female Jesse

Dragonsbane Armor

Enchanted Diamond Sword

Jesse:"Alright, it's time to put an end to this thing, once and for--"

Before Jesse can say "All" and give the Command Block the final blow with her enchanted diamond sword, she gets cut off when the Witherstorm head grabs her legs with it's teeth and starts shaking her around. Jesse screams in panic as she holds onto Reuben.

Me:(Horrified)"Jesse! Hold on, Jess!" I force Jesse to hold on.

The Witherstorm lets go of Jesse and she is in the air for a second as the Witherstorm opens it's mouth to eat her but misses her and bites nothing as she falls to her death in the pit inside the Witherstorm as she screams.