23

Chapter 23 Jiang Tang's Sugar-Coated Cannonball

Jiang Tang planned to make some snacks in private to entertain Lu Rongming's old friend, so he didn't start the live broadcast.

Desserts are foods like pastries. According to legend, there was a general in ancient times. He was very moved when he saw the soldiers fighting bloody battles day and night. Then he ordered to bake delicious pastries that are popular among the people and send them to the front line to comfort the soldiers as a token of "" Gradually, these pastries are called "Dim Sum".

There are many kinds of dim sum. In terms of production methods, there are buns, dumplings, cakes, balls, rolls, cakes, crisps, etc., and when the ancients made dim sum, they paid attention to eating according to the season.

Now that it is summer on G-7012, Jiang Tang decided to make lotus flower cakes and mung bean cakes with summer characteristics.

Jiang Tang's favorite is actually the lotus cake with coconut paste, but now that he is short of ingredients, he can only make a simple version of the lotus cake.

"Lotus Crisp" is named for its shape like a lotus flower. It has a clear crisp layer, beautiful appearance, and crispy and sweet food. It has a special flavor to entertain guests at summer banquets.

Jiang Tang cut the purple sweet potato into pieces, steamed it in a steamer, and then added sugar while it was still hot. Unfortunately, there was no condensed milk, otherwise the taste would be even better.

Then Jiang Tang put the purple sweet potato into a fresh-keeping bag and rolled it into a paste with a rolling pin, so that the "stamen" in the middle of the lotus flower cake will have a more delicate taste.

Knead the mashed purple sweet potato into small balls of the same size and refrigerate for later use.

The next step is to make the pastry. After a lot of hard work, Jiang Tang finally found a substitute for butter, blended it into the flour, kneaded it lightly and then formed it into a ball with the help of a scraper.

Then divide the dough into the same number of balls as the purple potatoes.

Jiang Tang went on to make the oil skin, which was also surrounded by flour and powder to form a powder wall. Put the butter substitute, water, and white sugar in the middle and gently knead it to form a smooth dough.

Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 15 minutes, then divide into equal amounts and roll into small balls.

The preparations were basically completed. Jiang Tang took a small ball and flattened it, wrapped it with pastry balls, put his right hand against the small ball with the mouth of a tiger, slowly retracted it upwards, and finally sealed the mouth and put it on the chopping board to flatten.

Jiang Tang then used a rolling pin to roll the sealed ball into an oval shape, and rolled it up from top to bottom, rolled up all the puff pastry in turn, and let it rest for fifteen minutes. Roll it into an oval shape with a rolling pin again, roll it up from top to bottom, and relax for a quarter of an hour.

Take a piece of puff pastry and press it flat, roll it into a circle, wrap it into a small purple potato ball and slowly close the circle, brush it with egg wash, Jiang Tang uses a knife to lightly draw a "rice" shape on it, it should not be too deep, just right Just expose the purple potato filling.

After setting the heat and time of the oven, and putting a row of neatly arranged semi-finished products into the oven to bake, Jiang Tang turned around to make another snack mung bean cake... Mung bean cake was one of the traditional special pastries in the previous life, and it was also Jiang Tang's comparison