📜장14 (ZA): TIS / The Lonely Phoenix

"No? But think about it! We could use the money to upgrade our skills and for our crew to get known--"

"No, Jongin. That's not the way of the pirates."

"Oh come on! Aren't you tired of people judging you for being Lee Sun-Mi's daughter!? Just give up that name and just strike fear in them--"

Kai was about to place his hand on Rin's shoulder when Tzuyu grabbed her dual pistols and Shuhua unsheathes her Wado Ichimonji.

Both of their weapons were drawn as they glared hard at the tall boy.

Tzuyu's gun was near his head and Shuhua's katana sharp edge on his throat making it bleed slightly.

"You're going to kill a crew member?"

Kai whispered as Tzuyu nudged her pistols on his head making him gulp but felt the sharp edge of the katana.

"My loyalty is to Rin, not the crew."

Tzuyu growled in anger as Shuhua retracts her katana back when Rin patted her shoulder.

"At ease, Tzuyu..."

Rin whispered as the tall girl rolled her eyes at Kai and slides her pistols back to their place.

"We don't speak of this again, Kai. We don't solve problems like how Black Hawks do."

Rin sighed as Kai nodded.

As they entered, they saw the old lady leaving and she sent them a soft smile.

Rin gasped softly seeing a tall girl sitting on stones that looked like a throne, with blue fiery hair that reaches her waist.

Ocean blue eye on the right, with a huge scar on the left but instead of white her eye, was gold.

Chains dangled on her neck, wrist, and ankles.

Multiple battle scars on her body.

"Speak."

The mythic whispered but her deep voice echoed through the cave.

"We... We wanted to know... If... You are the missing phoenix everyone is talking about..."

Ryujin answered for them.

"And if you... Wanted to join us for... Well, adventure..."

The mythic turns away as pain flashed through her eyes seeing the face of Rin and Ji-Sun.

"Another life, another suffering. Why must it be me to suffer from my friend's demise... And here they are again alive and in front of me."

She whispered as Rin and Ji-Sun were both confused.

"I am over a decades years old but this is the 4,000th time I saw familiar faces."

The mythics huge phoenix wings flapped as she sighed.

"I am interested in your offer but I just decline, for I promised not to use my magic again after... The incident and the betrayal of my own brother."

"It's fine if you don't use your magic anymore. We'll understand... But you don't have to live your life through guilt... Seung."

Rin softly said as Seung looked at her.

"There is far more adventure and life outside this hideous cave! Explore and... And make them realize that betraying you... Is a mistake. You are still a person bound with the power of the phoenix, you don't have to burden yourself just because of that... Love your life with us Seung, live."

Rin held out her hand.

"Yeah, what she said."

Kai sighed as he saw the scroll beside Seung's wings, as he was about to grab it Seung's pinky made contact with his forehead.

"You want me to live yet one of your crew has a heart of a cruel monster..."

Seung flicked Kai away from her causing him to crash into the stones.

Tzuyu snickered as Ji-Sun nudged her.

"He was... About to steal the scroll behind Seung's wings..."

Shuhua whispered as Ryujin eyed Kai.

Suddenly, they heard horns.

"It's the Black Hawks..."

Tzuyu mumbled as she angrily looked at the ship approaching the cave.

"How did they know we're here!?"

Rin shouts as she grabbed her spell book.

Ryujin grabbed her Mace and smirked ready to fight as Ji-Sun looked at Seung who wasn't fazed.

"A group of people with dark hearts... Are not welcome to come face to face with a warrior of light."

Seung stood up as her giant wings flapped loudly, raising her hand towards the opening of the cave her golden eye glowed.

"I thought you won't use your magic?"

Ji-Sun asked as Seung chuckled deeply.

"I did promise that, but I'm only using my sight of observation. And I sense that they are here to kidnap me and sell me to the government... As always..."

"Lee Rin."

"Eric douchebag smelly ass Nam."

The two glared at each other.

Tzuyu grabs her shotgun and points it at Eric.

"And so it begins."
________🌟________

"________🌟________