🕰️✳️장64 (AA): Kang Seung-Shi (Pt. 2)

"Life wasn't kind all the time, you live peacefully as a kid... But once you hit teenage years and adulthood, it gets rough. If I could go back to a memory... Then I'll go back to when we were talking about our dreams."

"Oppa? Can I go out and play with Rin and Ji-Hoon?"

The tall kid asked her brother who smiled and nodded.

"If you keep spoiling her she'll end up like mom, Daesung."

"Shut up, you're just jealous."

Daesung rolled his eyes as he looked at his sister running towards her friends playing tag.

"I'm surprised they let you play today!"

Rin smiles as Ji-Hoon shrugs.

"I told them I'm with you two."

"Let's go climb up that mountain!"

Seung pointed at the mountain as they ran and climbed the mountain.

After three hours, they finally stopped and they sat down on the edge looking at the sunset.

"Let's promise each other we'll be the heroes of the Magic Island!"

"Heroes? That's boring Ji-Hoon... How about pirates?"

"The doesn't sound bad... I agree!"

"Yeah, me too."

The three talked about their dreams as they look at the sunset.

This was also the view they saw after that war.

"The war that happened was The First Human Realm Vs. Magic Realm... Humans abused the authority of having advanced technology, they ruined every green life they have so they're trying to conquer ours, it's their fault for being stubborn... They could've done something for their green life not to die but... They were too blinded with power and greed."

"Rin!? Ji-Hoon!?

Seung shouts as the teenage phoenix runs avoiding the dead bodies of the knights.

She saw Rin along with Ji-Hoon laying in their blood.

"Shit!"

The phoenix immediately ran towards them and cradled them in her hands.

Looking up, she saw the marines laughing while killing the other magic users.

"Rin? Ji-Hoon? Hey, listen to me..."

Seung whispered as her voice cracked and her pupil quivered.

"Holding them with their blood painted in my hands, it hurts...  Watching the ones I cherished so much in life die without saying goodbye... All they did was close their eyes... I was left alone... But Jihyo was there for me."

Seung leaned at the two tombstones with her knees cradled with her arms as she closed her eyes feeling the rain droplets fall on her.

The sky was crying with her.

Jihyo watches with a frown as she approached her lover and sat beside her.

No words were exchanged as Jihyo lays her head on Seung's back, she felt how the taller girl tremble with small sobs escaping her lips.

"I could've done something... But I didn't... They're gone Jih... They're gone... And it's my fault..."

"Then... I saw a purple dahlia glowing in the middle of the night in front of her grave... I took it and it wrapped itself in my hand and vanished... The next thing I know... I was immortal."

Seung's eyes widened as the captain of the marines pierced his swords into her chest, but she didn't puke blood...

She stared at the man and she felt adrenaline.

Grabbing the two swords, she crushed them with her bare hands.

She was the only one who knew she was immortal.

"I hid my immortality from my friends and siblings until I met all of the Rins and Ji-Suns... And then... Her... Lee Sun-Mi and Jung Jessica, they weren't the same ages as those Rin's and Ji-Sun's I met but they treated me right..."

"Kid... Hey."

Sun-Mi smiled as Seung looked at her and gasped seeing her big stomach.

"Holy shit... You're pregnant and you didn't tell me!?!"

Seung yells as she faces palms, Jessica laughed beside Sun-Mi.

"And now... I met Rin and Ji-Sun. To all versions of them... This time is my favorite yet... Seeing them happy is already enough for me... To be happy and... End this immortality."

Seung laughs softly as she looks at Chan whose eyes are filled with tears, his cheeks already had tear marks.

"But... Won't they be sad when you die?"

"Then tell them to not be sad..."

"Why?"

"Because the opposite of sad is das..."

Seung smiles at Chan.

"And das not good."
________✨________

"________✨________