(31)

Shownu slammed his fist on the bathroom mirror again and again blood trickling down his knuckles. He didn't care not when past trauma is bubbling back up and spilling over, he's self loathing, he could off himself right here, right now he thought but not yet not until he knows changkyun is safe because no matter what he still promised to keep his shortcake safe. He didn't know how long he spend looking at himself through a broken mirror, broken just like him. At this point his legs went numb and he feet were killing him, it could be the shattered glass he's stepping on he doesn't know nor does he care.

"Nunubear?" Changkyun gasped, he rushed towards the older tried to tug him out of the restroom but all shownu did was push his hand away "oh god! Y-Your feet... WONHO!" Changkyun didn't know what else to do he ran towards shownu best friends room not even bothered to knock "so sorry but it's shownu he's zoned out t-there's blood, blood everywhere" he didn't get to finish running out again, wonho and hyungwon quickly got up and followed him. Hyungwon called seonghwa their in house nurse. "Nunu?" Changkyun was the first to arrive still persistently tugging on the older hand but it's like he wasn't even listening, like he wasn't even there.

"Kyun" wonho pulled him away towards his husband side. Hyungwon hugged the smaller, Wonho gave the older a slap to the face, Shownu blinked a few times then suddenly lost consciousness. His head is pounding he blinked a few times seeing nothing but a white ceiling, he tried to sit up but a small hand on his chest stopped him. "Nunubear, relax okay" said Changkyun in a soft voice. Shownu looked up to see him, changkyun looks tired like he hardly slept and that's because he hasn't he's been sitting next to the older bed side the whole night. "I- he didn't even know what to say "it's okay you don't have to talk about it yet, i just want you to feel better" shownu gave him a grateful smile leaning back on the head board and closing his eyes again.

"I'm sorry you had to see me like this it's something I try to hide away from everyone" Shownu felt embarrassed he couldn't understand why his mind was always so weak. "Don't be sorry" changkyun mumbled slowly going in for a hug. "Shortcake you need someone better someone who's not so fucked up I-I can admit I have strong feelings for you, but I'm no good for you baby. My life has been a shit show and I can't drag you down" Shownu tighten the hug not wanting to let go. The older was ready to push the smaller away for his own good "no" was all kyun said. "What? Look I promised ya I would keep you safe and I plan on it. You and Lee Joheon have been getting closer, I've heard and I've seen it so I'll assign him as your guard until I resolve some pending matters"

"No! Stop trying to push me away! I'm not him, I'll never be like your ex" shownu eyes widen how does he know?