4.

The cafeteria was a quiet place for healthy, protein-filled breakfasts and mission debriefings. It was the first place most Jedi went to after they awoke from their chambers and met with their fellow Knights, Masters and Padawans before the day officially began, and today was no different.

Sol slid her silver tray along the island that stretched the length of the cafeteria. Droids stood on the opposite side refilling dishes that were nearly empty and giving assistance when called upon. She took some oatmeal and fruit, before taking a protein pouch that contained milk and vitamins that every Jedi needed for strength and focus. There was no surprise that most of these were already gone from their space on the island and would need refilling by a droid soon.

Taking her tray to a table, Sol sat near the edge of the cafeteria. Jedi occupied seats and spoke softly with their co-workers while they filled their stomachs for the day. Sol was content with eating alone and Master Yoda wasn't one for breakfast in the cafeteria, so she began eating in silence. But it was interrupted with a rattle of the table and the disruption of her quiet meditation.

An added weight on the opposite side of the table made Sol look from her oatmeal to the tray that was now beside her's. Seeing a broth in a bowl and pieces of bread beside it, Sol's gaze travelled up to its owner who disturbed her breakfast.

'You're bold.'

The first words she ever said to him were with a tinge of sarcasm. Anakin Skywalker made no move to eat his breakfast and sat with his eyes trained on Sol. With his hands clasped in his lap, the young man blinked at his fellow Padawan. She had said her first words to him and that was enough to keep the ball of irritation that had already started to form in his stomach at bay.

'I can't join you for breakfast?' he questioned with a small raise of his eyebrows, attempting to appear nonchalant. But Sol's cool stare never left his and Anakin couldn't resist the urge to fidget. He glanced down at his broth, then back up at Sol, before looking down again when he saw she was yet to look away.

With a clear of his throat, Anakin picked up a piece of the bread from his tray and put it to his mouth. He chewed in segments, suddenly forgetting how to eat like a normal person under Sol's stare.

'Was the spar somehow an invitation for breakfast to you?'

Anakin's eyebrow twitched and his chewing halted. The helpless broth on his tray became the victim of his glare and he swear he saw it quiver in fear. He couldn't let his emotions get a hold of him, not after the scolding he received from Obi-wan for not performing the proper sparring etiquette.

He hadn't even made it to his chambers before Master Obi-wan's voice boomed. The man could be stern when needed, and this time, it was vital. Anakin kept his head down as the Jedi Master questioned whether he had learnt anything at all. He said how embarrassed he was to have to apologise to Grand Master Yoda and his Padawan for Anakin's childish and uneducated behaviour. But Anakin barely listened, only chiming in when Obi-wan mentioned how impressed Master Yoda was at his skill against Sol in the training courtyard.

'Oh, yeah? What did he say?'

'This is not to caress your ego, my young Padawan learner. You will be running laps tonight around the temple's garden for you behaviour,' Obi-wan had been true to his word and Anakin was exhausted when he finally made it to his chambers that night.

While the Skywalker seethed at Sol's words, she took the time to take in the Padawan who was the first to ever sit with her in the cafeteria. She knew of Anakin and was aware of the rumours about him being the prophesised Chosen One. But she had also heard the same rumour about herself. It was no secret that the Jedi Council kept a close eye on her and Anakin, even more on herself because of Master Yoda's insistence of training her personally. But that didn't mean anything, as Anakin was to be trained by Obi-wan Kenobi at the special request of Qui-Gon Jinn, his previous Master.