56.

A spring was in Jedi Knight Sol's step. As she made her way down the halls of the temple, she attempted to restrain the grin that tried to stretch across her face. Jedi and clones walked past her, Captain Des even bowing his head in a greeting to his general, and Sol was happy to greet every person who she saw in the hallways.

She left Revan in the foyer of the temple with a thousand 'thank you's. After Revan confirmed the mystery that had taken Sol for months, she felt like nothing could bring her down. They agreed that they were blood cousins and were the last remainders of the Shan family. Sol could now refer to herself as Sol Shan, the descendant of the great Jedi Knight and Master, Satele Shan. Revan was her family, and despite only knowing him a short time, Sol hoped that they would keep in touch and have a connection as relatives.

As Sol made her way down the hall to the conference room, she thought about telling Anakin and Obi-wan about her findings. But at the thought of Ahsoka's departure from the Jedi Order, Sol was conflicted.

If she told Anakin that she had found out about her heritage, Anakin would be joyous at first. He knew how much Sol longed to know where she came from, and who she was besides being an orphan for as long as she could remember. But if Sol knew Anakin, and she liked to think that she knew him well, he would be intelligent enough to draw the conclusion that she found the information out from Revan Shan. And since Revan was the only one with Ahsoka when they were near the hanger at the time of the explosion, Anakin would work out that Revan was there to break into the Jedi records.

Anakin's emotions had been running on a high as of late, and Sol wasn't certain if he would be predictable with his reaction. He could feel betrayed that Sol kept her investigation into the Shan name from him. 

Anakin Skywalker was stubborn and Sol was sure that no matter what she said, his hurt from her secret keeping would conquer his judgement. It would appear to him that Sol didn't trust him enough to tell him her secret.

Not only this, but Anakin could blame Revan for the first suspicions from the Council about Ahsoka, and therefore see Sol as the centre of the whole mess.

Sol was deep in her new conflict when the door to the conference room opened before she could reach it. She paused as she saw the Jedi Council exit in a group before heading in her direction. With eyes jumping from face-to-face, Sol watched in confusion as the Jedi Masters caught sight of her in the hallway.

'Sol, I'm glad we caught you,' Master Mace Windu said from the front of the group. Despite his attempt at a kind look, Sol knew that the dark-skinned man was not in the mood to appear welcoming. With his over robe on his shoulders, Master Windu stood with Master Plo Koon and Master Secura by his side. When Sol tried to look at the two, they avoided her confused stare.

'Are we taking the meeting elsewhere?' Sol questioned.

'No,' Master Windu said. 'It's been cancelled.'

'What?'

Sol thought she was used to the disappointment from Jedi Masters, but the feeling never felt less painful. The heavy ball that sunk from her chest and into her stomach burned and simmered at her flesh. A sigh wanted to exhale from her lips, and she was aware of Master Secura and Master Kenobi's particularly regretful stares. 

Sol caught the blue eyes of Obi-wan from over Master Kid-Mundi's shoulder and she wanted to push them all aside to speak to him directly. He knew how Sol felt about being kept out of the loop without an explanation, and yet, it was happening again with both of them as a witness.

'We will not be discussing the matter of your placement on Hoth, nor the transmissions about the attack on the temple that you did not receive,' Master Windu informed without an ounce of sympathy in his voice. 'There may be time to reschedule, but I'm sure that you know that we are extremely busy. I'm sorry if we have upheaved any of your plans with this cancellation.'