41.

Not only had Obi-wan returned to Ahch-To with reinforcements, but he had also returned with several underwater ships to find the separatist base. They were small with bodies shaped like domes, allowing a maximum of five people to fill the ship. A series of weapons were attached to their bellies, but as they were for underwater, there were no blasters that were usually used in the battlefield of space. Instead, there were missiles and torpedoes, as well as some weapons that Sol, who was observing the underwater ships, didn't recognise.

'Commander Cody will remain on the island with the 212th legion and myself,' Master Obi-wan instructed. 'We will also stay in the sky. If anything goes wrong, we will be at the ready.'

Sol looked away from the underwater ships that were being prepared by clones. She stood with Captain Rex at her side, whose helmet sat underneath his arm as he listened to Obi-wan's briefing. The group of clones and Jedi stood together and R2-D2, who had been rescued from inside the first Jedi Temple, was beside Anakin.

Anakin was eager to get into the water. With his arms crossed over his chest and his overrobe flowing in the wind, the Skywalker was quick to volunteer as the one to lead a party in the attack of the base. When he saw how the ships' cockpits were made to be similar to an x-wing, he knew that he could take on the waters as he did in space.

'They know we're here and we will occupy this island until we can leave this planet separatist-free. Is that understood?' Obi-wan said and a collection of hoots sounded from the clones. The group dispersed to their respected positions and Sol watched as Anakin turned to the closest ship. R2 went to follow but was slowed by the uneven ground that was bursting with rocks and cracks.

'Anakin,' Sol called as she headed after the Jedi Knight. She squinted through the wind that rushed off the ocean and knew that her hair was blown behind her in a flurry of strands.

At the sound of his name, Anakin turned and resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Behind Sol, was Ahsoka, the Padawan who had been dropped into his lap by Master Yoda. The Togruta stuck close to the female Jedi who had told her that she would work on convincing her new Master. Sol made sure to appear unphased by the disapproving look she received from Anakin and stopped in front of him, aware of Ahsoka's presence over her shoulder that was giddy with anxiety and excitement.

'You should take Ahsoka in your ship-'

'Absolutely not-'

'I'm not asking you.'

Anakin lost his façade and put a hand over his eyes as he threw his head back. With a groan, Anakin let his frustration sound and Sol glanced back at Ahsoka in uncertainty. The Padawan bit her lip and hoped that Sol's claim to be able to convince the Skywalker was still on the cards. She knew how close the Jedi Knights were – Obi-wan included – but after her first interaction with Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka questioned whether anyone could make the man do something he was reluctant to do.

'She can stay with Obi-wan and keep watch from here. I'm not being responsible for a youngling while underwater,' Anakin pulled his hand away from his eyes and sternly looked down at Sol. Despite the sight of her bright purple eyes that teased him to melt into a puddle at her very word, Anakin kept his lips in a line to show he wasn't to be convinced.

'Ani, if Master Yoda wanted you to train a Padawan, he would want you to have her by your side for such an important mission,' Sol fought.

'I can even man the weapons! I won't be in the way!' Ahsoka sounded from behind Sol, and Anakin cringed at the enthusiasm in her voice.

'How do I know your skills if I haven't even been briefed on your training?' Anakin said as his head jerked in the Tano's direction. 'If you're so eager to be on this mission, then why don't you  go with Solaris?'