34.

The team were thankful when the wind quietened down to a breeze once the sun had risen. Ahch-To's waves were large as they crashed against the island's cliffs, but when standing on land, the team of clones, Jedi and R2 were able to operate their surveillance of the planet from their camp.

With R2 by her side, Sol held a tablet that showed the planet's atmosphere. She was sat on one of the many rocks that were overgrown with tall grass and R2 protruded his miniature satellite dish from his head. This located the satellite that was circulating the planet and sending its feed back to the tablet that was in Sol's hands.

'Well, there is no sign of activity so far,' Master Obi-wan said as he and Captain Rex returned from a rotation of the island. 'There are no other islands large enough to hold a base, so we might have gotten here early.'

'That means we have the advantage,' Anakin stepped to be in front of his captain and fellow Jedi. 'We should continue to watch for anything that enters the atmosphere.'

'Yes, sir.'

Captain Rex turned from his commander and headed over to his legion who waited for their orders on rocks around the camp. With their blasters on their belts, the clones had been allowed to have their helmets removed. The same face with dark hair and tanned skin listened to their captain's commands before they all set out to implant more antennas around the island. These would alert the team of anything that was approaching the island, while the satellite around the planet was the only thing signalling foreign ships or objects entering the atmosphere.

Sol lowered the tablet in her hands with a quiet sigh. When they had been assigned to this mission, she was under the impression that it would be another battlefield where she wouldn't have a moment to rest. 

Since knighthood, Sol had been thrown into the clone wars that consisted of battles with droid armies while on the lookout for Count Dooku, and other separatist leaders that had appeared on the Galactic Republic's raider. But after hearing that they would be stationed on Ahch-To before the separatists had even showed up, Sol was slightly disappointed.

Standing from the rock, R2 took her lowering of the tablet as a sign to lower his satellite dish into his circuits. Sol glanced out to the ocean and the horizon, seeing the cluster of dark clouds that would arrive at the end of the day. They had already prepared for their arrival by covering the tents with waterproof covers, and setting up the ship to be ready for immediate operation if a storm were to sweep the island.

Carefully, Sol's gaze shifted from the ocean to the team. Obi-wan and Anakin stood together in a quiet discussion about their next moves, and Sol couldn't help but stare at the darker Jedi of the two.

With his over robe covering his shoulders, Anakin stood with his hands hidden in his  sleeves. As if moulded by the Force, the early sun outlined Anakin's figure in a ring of light. His head was turned to the side to face Obi-wan, but his body faced Sol with its black leather coverings and dark brown under robes. Sol admired the shine in his light brown hair and the curls at the nape of his neck looked soft enough to run her fingers through without as much as a tug. The side of his face showed Sol that he was intently listening to Obi-wan's wise plans to prepare for the separatists' arrival, and she felt the need to appear busy when she saw his tongue swipe over his bottom lip.

'Artoo,' she turned to her left to occupy herself with the droid. 'I want to check out the island. Are you willing to come with me?'

Sol hoped that the beeps she received were affirmative. Without confirming, Sol forced her legs to take her over to where Obi-wan and Anakin stood. The tablet was clenched in her hands as she stopped in front of the men, who looked away from each other to look down at the woman.