115.

'Sir? It appears that we're receiving a transmission for a surrender from a nearby ship?'

'What?'

Grand Moff Tarkin took quick steps from the front of the control room to the sunken workstation. The workman that delivered the surprising news looked up from his screen with pinched eyebrows. He tried not to shrink under the man's large, piercing eyes and read over the transmission a second time for clarity.

'An x-wing, sir. It's waiting for clearance to enter the hanger to be taken into custody?' the workman said in a confused question.

'That's impossible. We've only just launched the attack,' Tarkin walked back to the windshield to peer out into space. 'Those rebel scum have barely even put up a fight!'

He almost felt insulted. The man stomped back towards the windscreen and peered to the right.

Besides the brooding planet of Yavin 4, Tarkin saw the rebel ship that was hovering in their airspace. The man was stumped at the quick surrender, but when he squinted to peer into the cockpit of the x-wing, he grew confused in a different sense. 

It was not Senator Padme Amidala that was initiating a surrender on the Resistance's behalf, but it was a singular man sat in the pilot seat. 

Perhaps a low-ranking rebel had been sent to negotiate. Perhaps the senator wouldn't miss such an irrelevant member of the Resistance, and had chosen to risk the man's life in an attempt to call off the Empire's attack.

'Should I clear him to enter, sir?' the same workman asked his superior. His question made Tarkin turn back to the sunken station, and he remembered his authority over the operation.

If the Resistance were surrending already, then Tarkin's victory was in sight.

'Yes. Have a team standing by and tell them to act with extreme caution.'

'Yes, sir.'

---

The star destroyer's leader marched towards the hanger. With two armed stormtroopers behind him, Grand Moff Tarkin made his entrance with his shoulders squared and a hanging scowl on his gaunt face. 

Confronting anyone from the Resistance was an opportunity for an interrogation, and the haunting man was the best at the job. Despite his confusion at the quick surrender, Tarkin would ensure that he would extract every last bit of information from the rebel scum. 

Whatever the Resistance were playing at, Tarkin was still adamant on proving his capabilities to the Emperor.

As he arrived at the hanger, Tarkin and his stormtroopers headed towards the impounded x-wing. Mechanics had been ordered to search the ship for any threat of explosives, while a squadron of stormtroopers stood with their restrained prisoner. With their blasters aimed and at the ready, the soldiers in white armour surrounded the man who was held at his biceps.

'The ship's clear, sir. Nothing onboard,' a maintenance worker called as Tarkin stopped in front of the rebel. 

The leader of Yavin's invasion eyed the man in a white buttoned-coat that was tied with a utility belt. Tarkin sneered at the sight of the ponytail at the back of the man's head and the unmoving face of dark eyes and tight lips. 

'He was carrying these, sir,' 

Tarkin looked from the prisoner to the squadron leader. In the white and black armoured hand, were two silver cannisters. The man had spent enough time with Darth Vader to know what the weapons of Jedi looked like. He despised the Jedi almost as much as the Sith, but the circumstances made Tarkin question his prior vow to destroy all Jedi at the orders of the Emperor.