44.

There is a cinematic trailer that shows this scene if you would like to watch <3.

---

Alderaan was a planet of scenic views of mountainous landscapes and lush forests. In the times of The Old Republic, the core planet was seen as a beacon of hope. Its blue skies held fluffy white clouds and government officials often ventured to its cities for meetings, peace talks, and for their personal leisure time. With Coruscant being the home of the Senate, politicians longed for a place that wasn't filled with skyscrapers and speeders. Alderaan was a beautiful planet and an important place in the times of The Old Republic, as it showed what peace could hold if it were to be achieved.

But with The Great Galactic War in 3681 BBY, came the attempted invasion of the core planet. The Sith Empire wanted to take the place that was held so dear to the Galactic Republic, and its occupancy would give the Empire an advantage point for a complete galaxy take-over. It was the Republic Special Forces Division that were sent to stop the invasion, which if they were to fail, Alderaan would be lost to the Sith.

Supreme Commander Jace Malcom was sent with his forces but had many of his men fall in the battle. Their blasters were high-powered, and their white armour with orange and grey markings were built for war, but the Sith were too powerful. The Special Forces were only men, with no Force-sensitivity, making them no match for the Sith Lords that fought alongside armed battle droids.

The main city of Aldera had been taken, and Malcom's forces had been pushed back into the forests. They were tired and wounded, but there was a platoon left, called the Havoc Squad, that Malcom led to temporary safety. But the Sith Empire knew that there was still a Republican presence on the planet, and they intended to wipe it out.

Malcom watched the Sith Lords lead an army of droids through the forest. Their formations were strict and precise, whilst their leaders walked with black hoods over their heads and with their cloaks flowing behind them. The troops of droids and Sith were led by Sith Lord Darth Malgus, a humanoid whose skin was a ghostly grey with not a strand of hair on his head.

Malcom leaned out from behind a thick tree trunk to observe the troops, before turning to his squad who waited for his next command. He knew his men were prepared to die for the Republic, as was he. So, with a load of his large blaster, Supreme Commander Jace Malcom stood above the valley, where the Sith led their droid army, and fired upon them.

As Republican trooper fought droid and Sith Lord, the Alderaan forest became a lethal battlefield. Red lightsabers hummed as they sliced through armour, and blast fire destroyed droid circuits with the sound of explosions from activated blaster bombs. While battle droids fell, troopers pushed on, only to be cut down by Sith Lords, who used the hate in their bones to take life after life.

Malcom had been focused on blowing up a line of droids, when his lieutenant was launched through the air. He watched as the helmeted man flew past trees before a blade appeared through his chest. A strained choke was heard, before the lieutenant was thrown to the side to reveal his killer.

Darth Malgus met eyes with Commander Malcom. The yellow irises with red rims made enemies quiver, but to Malcom, they were nothing but targets for his automatic machine blaster. His lieutenant laid dead, and Darth Malgus did nothing but stare at the Commander with his red lightsaber in hand.

Malcom fired shot after shot in anger, but each round was deemed ineffective when the Sith emerged from the blasts with little injuries. Malgus was powerful, and Malcom felt its extent when he shoved through oncoming Sith Lords to attack and was encased in currents of purple electricity.