29.

The landing ramp lowered as the engines of the ship died with a cooling hiss. The city bustled behind the Jedi Temple with its usual speeders in their lanes, and spaceships descending to their respected ports. A warm orange covered the sky for the evening on Coruscant, and it would be a warm night in the midst of the late summer.

Master Obi-wan Kenobi waited as the 336th legion exited the ship and discarded their helmets. The same face repeated by the Jedi Master and each saluted him as they passed, earning a respectful nod that was no less attentive than the previous. With his hands in the sleeves of his over robe, Obi-wan spotted one of the Jedi he was waiting to greet.

'I heard it was a somewhat successful mission?' Obi-wan said once Anakin stopped in front of him. In his dark attire, the Skywalker looked at his previous Master and saw that he already knew about the details of the destroyed base on Scariff.

'Did the nerf-herder transmit that to you?' Anakin jabbed his thumb over his shoulder and the mentioned woman appeared on the landing ramp. Obi-wan frowned at the younger man's vulgar referral before his gaze flickered to Sol, who drew closer to the two at the sensing of her mention.

'You're back early,' Sol said as she stopped next to the two. She purposely avoided looking at Anakin, who peered down at her with his arms crossed over his chest. The heat of his gaze made her itch to turn and see the blue eyes that were solid in their colour, but she focused on Obi-wan, who didn't mention the obvious tension between the two.

'Yes, it was just a tip-off from the Quarrens. Something about some activity on the planet, Kessel. But it sounds like Master Adi-Mundi will follow that lead for now.'

Sol nodded and dared to look to her left, where she finally caved to the itch that invaded her side. Anakin was looking at Obi-wan, allowing her to see his set jaw and heavy brow over his eyes.

Being the slightly older age of twenty, Anakin was still a handsome man, and Sol couldn't deny it. He turned heads wherever he walked and the female Jedi Padawans that roamed around the temple with their Masters always stared with blushes on their cheeks. Sol would never admit that it infuriated her, and it didn't help that she would never be able to express or show her jealousy. When she would walk with Anakin to the cafeteria, and some young Padawans passed on their way to training, she cringed at the giggles they hid behind their hands and the fluttering eyelashes they sent Anakin's way. How much Sol wanted to alert their Masters that they were showing signs of endearment and attachment, just so she would know that they would run laps around the training grounds for their silly giggles and blushing cheeks.

'Well, I've got a report to write,' the sound of Anakin's voice broke Sol from her thoughts and she blinked three times when Anakin looked to her. 'And so do you.'

'Yes, and I'll make sure to include how the change of plans was at your discretion, and not mine.'

Anakin's face didn't change as he stared at Sol wordlessly, before walking away to head into the temple. Sol knew that she had irked him by the way his neck was stiff and how his stare was directed to the automatic doors that opened and closed for him. He was usually one to look down at his feet when he walked, but when he was conscious of stares on his back, Anakin would look out straight to appear confident and unphased. But it was in fact the opposite, and this lightened Sol's mood.

'I thought you two were getting along,' Obi-wan said and Sol turned back to the Master next to her. The man whose blonde hair was now short around his head and skimming at his ears looked down at Sol with inquisitive eyes. She still felt safe and relaxed around the Master, unlike how she felt around any of the other Jedi Masters she had ever met. Even after graduating into being a Jedi Knight, Obi-wan still ensured that Sol returned from missions safe and untroubled. As Master Yoda was rarely a sight nowadays, Obi-wan seemed to have assumed the fatherly role that Sol once yearned for as a youngling.