77.

Sol saw the massacre. She saw the genocide that took place in the academy of the Jedi Order's temple. The merciless slaying of younglings was felt across the galaxy, and Sol, who was metres from the training room's door, watched each child fall before her very eyes.

Leaning against the pillar, Sol fell into a light unconsciousness. But instead of falling into a dreamless state, Sol was put in the body of the killer. The ignition of the blue lightsaber was out of her control, and she saw the fear and confusion in the eyes of the helpless younglings. As if it were her movements, Sol watched the blade burn through their bodies and their screams rung in her ears. But she could do nothing as the arms swung the lightsaber with such hatred and anger, that Sol feared the person she experienced.

The door to the training room opened and Sol awoke with a panicked start. She had regained some of her strength from her unconsciousness, but the strain on her emotions made Sol feel as if she had been in another battle. Her injuries had receded to a dull ache and the dizziness she once felt had subsided for now, but her mind was troubled by the deaths of the youngest generation of Jedi.

Sol went to drop her face into her hands and let the pools leak from her eyes in an uncontrollable fall, but the sound of footsteps forced her to pause. Her lips pulled back to whimper, and she scrunched her eyes shut at the sting of tears. With a burning chest and a pounding head, Sol did everything she could to emerge herself into the realm of the Force. 

Anakin paused in his exit from the training room. He left the bodies of younglings behind him and deactivated his lightsaber that held the souls of a generation. The hood of his over robe remained over his head and dark purple and black stained the skin around his eyes. Anakin knew that what he had done was felt through the Force across the galaxy, and he didn't have a lot of time before other Jedi began returning to the temple in an attempt to defeat him. 

He closed his eyes and entered the Force. It would be simple to search through the limited number of Force signatures that were present in the temple, and it was impossible to ignore the brightest flame of all. Anakin could find the white signature in a crowd of colours, but with just the yellow signatures of the clone army that were illuminating the imposing Jedi, he would find the only person who needed to be kept alive in no time. He could then leave the temple with the peace of mind that he and all he cared about were safe. 

Sol used all her power to dim her white signature. With her mind in the Force, Sol centralised the energy she emitted and smothered it. Instead of pulsating with the pure power of the light side of the Force, Sol's signature worked at being hidden. As if a blanket extinguished its heat, the white flame was erased from the Force. 

Anakin was confused. He searched the realm for Sol's Force signature but saw nothing but the dimming flames of dying Jedi and the masses of clone troopers. There was no sign of the white glow that was now the direct opposite of Anakin's crimson, hate-filled presence. When he headed for the academy, he hadn't thought to look into the Force to find Sol in the temple. And now when he looked, he couldn't find the presence of the only Jedi he wanted to take away from the mass murder.

'Sir, we've completed our directive in the Jedi Temple,' the commlink on Anakin's wrist sounded, making him open his eyes to pull the device to his mouth. 'There are no Jedi left in the halls, or in the individual quarters.' 

'Excellent. Gather the troops to the hanger. They plague the galaxy, so our objective is still yet to be reached. I have a mission of my own, but you know what to do,' Anakin said into his commlink.

'Yes, sir. Over and out.

The transmission was cut, and Anakin let his hand fall back by his side. If all the Jedi were killed in the temple, where had Sol gone? The hanger was under surveillance by the clones and there was no way that any unauthorised ships would be able to take-off without Anakin being informed. As much as Anakin wanted to search the temple to ensure that Sol was indeed no longer in its suffocating hold, he couldn't waste any more time.