21.

Another day, another planet. Sol had never thought she would have visited so many planets in the space of one week. Geonosis was like Tatooine from the outside; a sandy yellow with little white clouds seen in its blue sky. Through the windscreen of the cockpit, Sol could see that it was small and had a few moons surrounding it. Their descent was smooth, but the three inhabitants of the ship were nervous. They didn't know what they were entering and what the situation was with Master Obi-wan. The council didn't fill them in, as they weren't meant to have even ventured off Naboo. For all the Jedi council knew, they were on the core planet at Padme's childhood home; safe and away from the rise of separatist activity.

The ship nestled onto the landing pad that looked deserted in a canyon built into the sand of the planet. It was quiet on the scanners of the ship and there was no sign of Master Obi-wan's starfighter. R2 and C3-PO stood in cockpit as the humanoids bustled about to prepare their exit from the ship.

'I really think someone should stay with the ship,' C3-PO said, but was ignored. Even R2 didn't beep at the protocol droid's suggestion and followed the two Jedi and senator down the hall. C3-PO let out some more words of concern to himself before following the company onto the landing pad.

'Talk about standing out, Padme,' Sol mumbled as she eyed the white the senator wore from head to toe. An off-white scarf was wrapped around her neck and hung by her feet, Sol eyeing how easily it would be for Padme to step back and slip from the fabric.

'Just because you two never change,' Padme trailed off without needing to elaborate further. Anakin rolled his eyes at the two's quarrelling, before he led the way to a hallway that was attached to the landing pad.

The Jedi mutually agreed to keep the senator in between them as they ventured into the unknown hallway. Sol stayed in the back, looking up at the high ceiling that had curved edges. She eyed the brown texture that looked grotesque, before looking behind her to make sure they weren't being followed. C3-PO and R2 were slower than the trio, only just reaching the hallway and following their humanoids at their own pace. Something didn't feel right, but Sol couldn't see anything or sense what it was specifically.

They were halfway down the hall, and Anakin was yet to say anything from the front. Padme walked with cautious steps, not yet regretting her adventurous desire to try and rescue Master Kenobi. There was a door up ahead and they hoped that they would miraculously find Master Obi-wan and leave all within fifteen minutes of arriving on the planet.

Not trusting her eyes, Sol decided to look into the Force to search for what was so unsettling about the hallway. With her eyes still trailing behind them, she dived into the entity that ran through anything. She sensed Anakin's orange beam in the front and Padme's light pink signature in front of her. But she didn't have to time to dwell on them, as the overwhelming blots of black sat all around them. They moved and pulsated, showing that there was an infinite amount in the hallway with them, but hidden in plain sight.

She snapped her head to the left and caught the movement that she had been sensing. Suddenly, winged bug-like beings moved in the walls in a sea of brown. They had angled eyes and bony limbs that looked as if they were constantly oozing a sticky substance. But the worst of all, was that they were watching the three humanoids move down the hall. They started to break from their disguises and show the sheer mass there was of them.

'Run!'

Sol ignited her lightsaber before Anakin, sending the insect-like beings to use their wings and fly towards them. Anakin whipped around at Sol's demand and didn't waste time as he grabbed his weapon and ignited it. Padme looked around her and bolted, heading for the door that sat at the end of the hallway. Luckily, they had nearly made it through until the walls attacked, leaving a few metres between them and the door.