37.

'Master Zho, I wish not to be rid of this child. I want to continue the Jedi way. The battlefield is where I thrive...'

'I will take care of the child.'

'What?'

'You will have the child on a faraway planet, where the Order will not know. You can then continue your duties as you were.'

'Thank you, Master. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.'

'But I must ask, Satele... who is the father?'

---

'I gave up my son and missed the most important years of his life,' the Force ghost, that Sol had learnt was Satele Shan, said. 'But I was reunited with him when he became a spy for the Republic.'

'He didn't become a Jedi?'

'Theron was not Force-sensitive.'

Sol pressed her lips together in a tight line. With the light from her lightsaber, Sol listened to the Force ghost intently in the first Jedi Temple. After hearing of Satele Shan's outrageous claim of being her ancestor, Sol was invested in everything she had to say. The Jedi from the times of the Old Republic claimed that Sol was the descendant of the Shan family, and that was something that Sol refused to believe. But she was eager to hear her story of why she would ever try to convince her of this fact, and why she has chosen to reveal this to her after all these years of her identity misplacement.

On the low levels of Coruscant's city, Sol was an orphan. She never knew her parents, nor what happened to them. She fended for herself and had no memory of anyone who could have been her caregivers, or anyone who could have been a relative. It was always believed by the Jedi Order that the Force was the one to have guided her and protected her as a child. There was even the belief that she was a Force child; born by the midi-chlorians that are present in the spiritual realm. These were what Jedi used to be the powerful beings they were, and Sol never had any reason to believe that this was not the truth of her existence.

'As if the Force willed it, Theron and his descendants only ever had male off-springs. This is how our bloodline has continued for decades,' Satele said, her blue glow still a beacon in the dark cavern. 'That was until the birth of you, Sol. You are the living descendant of the Shan family, and you are destined for greatness.'

No matter how much the woman said so, Sol could not bring herself to believe her. Her sense of belonging to a family was something Sol had never felt, and never wished to feel. Being a Jedi meant that all family and parental guardian attachments were forbidden. This was never an issue for Sol, as she never knew of her family. She had made her way through her young years and to her Knightship on her own, and she had no one to thank other than herself, and maybe Master Yoda when it came to her deep connection with the Force.

The information was overwhelming for Sol. Her head began to ache, and her fingerless gloves were slick from the sweat of her palms. The cold that once chilled her bones was replaced with heat, making her want to throw her over robe off to catch a gust of fresh wind. She thought of the years she spent thieving for food and hiding in alleyways before she had even reached teenage maturity. She used her Force-bending powers for little things, unaware that they were from a line of Force-wielding warriors.

'But you still can't tell me if... I'm the one who will bring balance to the Force?'

'That is not my purpose.'

'Then why have you revealed yourself?' Sol felt as if she was whining, but couldn't help but feel disappointed. 'Why do the Council believe I am the Chosen One? Why do I not dream, and why is my Force signature so white-'