24.

As soon as Sol's boots touched the sand, she jumped back into a flip to avoid a blast from a nearby droid. With a the soles of her boots skidding through the grains, Sol ignited her lightsaber and sliced through the metal body of the battle droid. It crumbled to the floor with its torso in two and its blaster laid limp in its three-fingered hand. Sol whizzed her weapon in crosses in front of her, blocking the red blasts that were fired from afar. They bounced off in opposing directions, but Sol guided them with the Force into droids that were next to her. Their bodies lurched and crumbled to the floor, but more appeared to replace them.

Sol took in the battlefield of droids and fellow Jedi. She recognised the Masters and Knights that had travelled from Coruscant and across the galaxy at Master Kenobi's distress call. But as much as she saw some triumph their battles, some weren't as quick. Sol saw a Jedi Knight that had just been promoted from Padawan fall to the sand with a blast wound to their abdomen. Without a twitch, their body was left behind as their soul went into the Force and their assassin turned to the next Jedi.

Three super-battle droids made their way into Sol's eyeline, and she straightened her back when they aimed their arm blasters in her direction. Shots left their cannisters and Sol jumped into the air, flipping with the help of the Force's guidance. A blast hit her cyan blade and rebounded backwards, hitting the droid in the middle. Its heavy armour protected its circuits, but once the remaining blasts were deflected by Sol's weapon, the shots broke through to its vulnerable frame.

After a series of twists and flips, Sol landed back on her feet and took advantage of the two remaining droids' close proximity. With two swings of her weapon, Sol's lightsaber burnt through their legs and left their heavy tops to fall. For good measure, she took her weapon into both hands and reared it back to drive it downwards into their chests. They malfunctioned as the searing cyan melted their insides and Sol waited for them to stop their twitching before she pulled the blade out of their metal torsos.

A twinge in the Force made her whip around with her saber raised, only to see a battle droid behind her with its blaster aimed at her head. Her heart stopped and the barrel of the blaster was all that she could think about, damning herself for not sensing the droid beforehand. But before the trigger could be pulled, its beige torso was sliced in two. Scorched metal separated the robot and its parts fell to the floor, leaving Sol to stand up straight in surprise. She looked to her saviour and couldn't help but grin.

'Master Obi-wan!' Sol cheered and the man let his borrowed weapon fall to his side in one arm. The bearded man smiled at the Padawan and reached out to put a hand on her shoulder in a form of greeting.

'Seems like you and Anakin can work together,' Obi-wan mentioned with a growing smile. 'Your rescue mission wasn't completely disastrous.'

'Then I suppose that's something.'

Master Obi-wan held back a laugh before the two Jedis' attention was drawn to the bounding beast that caused a deep rumble through the ground. Sol was brutally reminded of the reek that had been brought into the arena to execute Anakin and it was barrelling through Jedi and droids alike. It roamed free after Anakin, Padme and Obi-wan had been thrown from its back in the battle, while the nexu and acklay had been killed in the battle's crossfire. With its mighty horns and thick legs, the reek charged across the arena and in the direction of Sol and Obi-wan.

The two warriors looked at each other and silently agreed in the same action. With their lightsabers, Sol and Obi-wan used the Force to jump a foot backwards before the reek could tear through them. They reared their blades back before slicing through the legs of the animal, leaving deep cuts into the thick, red skin. It let out a pain-filled roar as its limbs failed and the reek went tumbling into the sand. The force at which it crashed made the cuts all the more painful in its legs and its assailants watched as it slid to a stop, unmoving and too injured to get back to its feet.