83.

Sol and Obi-wan sat with Owen and Beru Lars in the dining space connected to the open cavern. The suns continued to beat down on everything in their beams, but the visitors were relieved to be covered by the space that had been cut out of rock. Sol remembered sitting in the same place with a cup on the table in front of her in her previous visit to the moisture farm. This time, her cup was filled with water instead of ardees, and she sagged against the seat with one hand on her large stomach instead of being in her light Jedi robes.

'It would explain why those stormtroopers are always raiding the town,' Owen Lars said. 'I'm sorry to hear about your faith. We were told that the Jedi tried to take over the Senate.'

'A lie spread by the Sith,' Obi-wan hummed while leaning back in his seat. His cup was partially full, and his arms were crossed over his chest. He was thankful for the Lars' hospitality, but he was yet to ask the favour that Sol insisted they ask. Their hospitality could change, and it was a long ride back to the Jundland Wastelands. If they could draw out the opportunity for shade and something to drink, Obi-wan would wait to tell them their circumstances.

'So, you're in the wastelands? It's good to see that you two made it and that your child is safe-'

'Oh, he's not the father-'

'No, I am only a friend.'

Sol felt her cheeks redden at the surprised look on Beru's face, who had made an incorrect assumption about her and Obi-wan's relationship. The woman appeared flustered and went to ramble some apologies, which were brushed off by Obi-wan with a wave of his hand. Sol had a feeling that Obi-wan would use this opportunity to ask Owen and Beru the favour they had travelled all this way for, and Sol was nervous for their answer.

'I know it may be too much to ask, but we are faced with a difficult situation,' Obi-wan began, his words slow and his eye contact with the couple wavering. Owen and Beru remained silent as the Jedi Master struggled to get to his point, and they couldn't help but become uneasy for what he was about to ask of them.

'We have come this far from the core for a reason. Sol and I are hiding from the Empire not just because we are Jedi, but because of Sol's pregnancy,' Obi-wan was slow in his delivery and Sol was getting frustrated. 

She was hot, aching and tired, and she could feel the twins kicking up a storm in her stomach. They had travelled on Eopie-back and Sol was anxious to know if she was going to be giving birth alone or not. In the moment, she didn't care if the couple were sympathisers of the Empire. All she wanted to know was if her birth was going be a lonesome, sad affair, or one with support.

'The leader of the Empire is the father. Their father is Anakin Skywalker, now Darth Vader.'

Owen and Beru Lars sat with their jaws hanging open and Obi-wan threw a hand over his eyes. As the owners of the moisture farm stared at the woman who was carrying Darth Vader's children, Sol waited for the rush of questions. 

She glanced towards the cavern that had a group of antennas in its centre and absently took a sip from her cup of water. It was cooling, but not enough to soothe the twins that took turns in kicking her insides. Sol wanted to let out a grunt in frustration at the sensation, but she couldn't be bothered explaining when the Lars couple were already gaping at her with wide eyes.

Obi-wan sighed as he pulled his hand away from his eyes and dragged it down his face. He hadn't intended to drop the bomb on the couple like Sol had, but it couldn't be helped now. With a small glare to her Sol's side, Obi-wan brought the attention of the couple back to him by leaning his elbows on the table and speaking again.

'I'm sure that you are aware of the history of Tatooine with... Darth Vader,' Obi-wan said with a pause before the name he despised to say. 'He lost his mother here and has steered clear of this planet ever since. This is why we chose to come here out of everywhere in the galaxy.